User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no electrician GFCI issues

Camped over the weekend, got all set-up and plugged my Surge Guard into the 50 amp pedestal- it did its thing and got the green light. Power to our Reflection was on for about 30 seconds then the surge guard tripped. Reset everything and same result. I ended up taking the surge guard off and had power again. I checked our GFCI outlet on the island and it had tripped likely one of the first two times. It would not reset. It appears about 5 or 6 outlets are tied to it- bathroom, dining, recliners and bedroom all had no power. I ended up changing the GFCI...got it working and then one our kids sat in the recliner and tap on the vibrate button...GFCI tripped and won't reset. I am thinking it could be the recliner plug? Maybe my main power chord isn't fully connected? I may have to change the GFCI again, I don't know. I searched for past GFCI issues on this forum and found some things I may try when we get to the new campground. We are heading out again Thursday...any help on trouble shooting is greatly appreciated.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umph! Always something. If your surge guard was tripping, it was probably doing its job. Whatever electrical gremlin was at the post was let into your camper, and probably cooked the recliner power supply. It's a typical AC to DC device. Hopefully, it is your only piece of electrical/electronics affected. Pull the plug on the chair and see if circumstances change. On the other hand, the chair could be your entire culprit of the massage motor or heating pad shorted. Report back with what you find and we can help further diagnose.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the life of me I can’t understand why you removed the surge protector if it was tripping

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize I shouldn't have removed the surge guard...setting up in 100 degrees, cranky kids you know, need A/C on now... I talked to my dealer and did some trouble shooting over the phone...when we go out again this week, I will double check the power chord to the coach and make sure I twisted it before securing...I may not have done that when we set up so only one leg was getting all the power. I will report back in later this week.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twisting the cord does nothing. If it will insert into the pedestal, you have contact at all points. Twisting it merely locks it in to prevent it being pulled out.
    What surge guard are you using?
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Surge Guard 34950. I guess I didn't mean to refer to twisting the chord at the pedestal, but at the coach itself.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still the same. The twist only locks it in place. Electrical contact has already been established. The pedestal end doesn't lock in place anyway. It just gets inserted.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, it is a known issue with the Furrion Twist-Locks that when not firmly mated, one hot leg can have an intermittent. They do not mate as well as the Hubbel/Marinco, particularly because of the slightly different clocking of the camper-side connector.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first time I looked at mine, I thought it was a little odd that the cord was cocked at a slight angle. If I ever have reason to replace mine, I'll go with a Marinco.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We camped at two different campgrounds last week and weekend...the new GFCI I had installed worked fine, all outlets worked fine and the recliners worked. At each set-up I made sure I had a good connection. I am convinced my issue was I didn't twist and lock into place for and didn't have a good connection. Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it!
    2021 Reflection 337RLS