User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2019 351m washer drain stench

Hoping someone can help me out here. The last day or so after travelling there was an undeniable stench coming from the washer drain that's located in the garage of our '19 351M. It's a black pipe in the wall box (hot/cold/dump) that the drain tube goes into from the washer. On the box wall a sticker says "waterless trap" might get damaged yada yada. I believe something went wrong with the waterless p-trap but not sure how to check or where to access it? I'm guessing it's under the rig, and I'd have to take off the black covers underneath to get to it all. For now i put a wrong sized cap on it with some plumbers putty i had lying around as to not have someone pass out from the smell's coming up from it. Definitely not doing any laundry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210608_123055385.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	34799

any insight would be great!
    thanks!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something lodged within the Hepv0 trap keeping it open. I would personally make an adapter that fits the ABS and converts to 3/4" garden hose thread and then connect your hot water supply and attempt to flush out whatever is keeping the self-closing tube within the valve open. If flushing doesn't work, you will need to replace it. Hopefully GD can tell you if it's in the wall or below deck.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty, I can try that easily enough. Much easier than going under. Thanks for the reply.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a camera with light, you can probably take a picture from the top of the standpipe. Use your cell phone, it works, I did it on my 399. My "duckbill" was inverted, i was able to use a a small stick to gently push it back down, made sure it wasnt sharp.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mines not very far down inside the drain pipe. When I first installed my washer I stuck the drain from washer to far inside and was holding it open and I was getting some smell.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since the hardware store had the worst plumbing section and I didn't get the parts needed for the first reply, I'll definitely try yours and Cannon07's ideas to see what I can come up with.

Thanks all, appreciate it! Hopefully have some sort of update tonight after we pull in for the night. Michigan storms last night were vicious, knocked out the power to the campground 5 minutes after pulling in!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a picture of it and tried to poke it a bit with a dowel pin duct taped to a marshmallow skewer. Didn't look like it moved at all.
    is this what it's supposed to look like?

Name:	PXL_20210610_214438599.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	34870

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sigterm View Post
    Got a picture of it and tried to poke it a bit with a dowel pin duct taped to a marshmallow skewer. Didn't look like it moved at all.
    is this what it's supposed to look like?

Name:	PXL_20210610_214438599.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	34870
    Doesnt look correct. Look at this one, it should be "shut" more preventing back flow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210610-201507_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	34871

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Doesnt look correct. Look at this one, it should be "shut" more preventing back flow.

alright, maybe I need a bigger something to push it back down the right way.
    thanks for the pic!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sigterm View Post
    alright, maybe I need a bigger something to push it back down the right way.
    thanks for the pic!
    There might be an easy way to remove the whole part for inspection and cleaning/fixing. It is threaded into the pipe with a union so that part is easy. If I were you, I would see if you could find the access panel to remove it. My guess, based on where the panel was on my 399 is that it is in the kitchen area. If you are looking at your TV, open the cabinet on the left side that is on the floor. See if there is any interior paneling on the left side of that cabinet that is attached with screws. If there are screws, remove them and the panel, and you should have access to the Hepvo water trap. Hope it works out for you.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450