Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Damaged Siding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damaged Siding

So far I have done pretty well driving and backing up my Grand Design Imagine 29 TBS. Unfortunately, I was recently in a position where I had to back it into a very tight spot alone......long story short, I damaged the siding and scraped up the awning. I have an appointment to take it to Camping World but am afraid of the quality of the repair. I want it fixed right, not just bondoed and painted. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to take it and how to get the repair done properly? I am in the Washington DC area.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a Transcend not an Imagine
    The Transcend have removable aluminum skin
    It should be an easy repair
    Why would you think camping world is incompetent?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides GD will not provide materials or any payments to Camping World and their earned poor reputation? A few examples of their sloppy work, we had a HD tv installed in a Jayco we owned years ago. The tech mounted it 9 inches to the side of where the sticker for the backing plate behind the wall. Used 1/4 inch screws and when it wouldn't stay up, he used half a tube of butyl rubber (windshield sealant) to "glue" it up. Was a real mess to cleanup and a camper where we were staying helped mount it correctly.

Different CW couldn't figure out how to set the air mix for the hot water heater. And at a third CW, they stripped 3 lug nut studs and wanted to charge me to repair what they admitted was their screwup.

I'd suggest contacting GD customer support and ask them to suggest a few dealers who could do the repair if the OP doesn't feel he/she could do it. Another option is talk to someone who installs siding.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't mind traveling up to PA, I can refer you to an excellent body shop that does, semi, bus, and RV repairs. Honest body shop, not an RV dealer service center. Been around for decades with the same guy running the shop.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your talking about the camping world in Woodstock Ga. their service is so bad they couldn't zip up their pant's correctly. My last Jayco had a slide that would not close correctly and they had it three times. Never got it fixed.. Broke off six bolts I got on line and learned to fix it myself. I spent 5 hrs. in the waiting room for them to find the wires for the 2nd. air they added at purchase but did not hook up thermostat. They said Jayco did not put wires in from factory and they would need to remove ceiling and walls to run wire. I did not want to remove walls so I told them I would run my on wires. Got home and removed air box, stuck my hand in behind insulation and found wires. took me less than ten min. I could write a book on other stuff they done, but It would get boring. Later I had staples pushing up under the roof and a suspension recall so I called Jayco. They told me to take it to my dealer. I told them my dealer was Camping World in Woodstock and without hesitation he said we will pick it up and carry it back to factory in Ind. They picked it up put complete roof on, installed 8000lb springs and some other stuff I didn't even ask for. After that I never had anymore problems with it.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    If your talking about the camping world in Woodstock Ga. their service is so bad they couldn't zip up their pant's correctly. My last Jayco had a slide that would not close correctly and they had it three times. Never got it fixed.. Broke off six bolts I got on line and learned to fix it myself. I spent 5 hrs. in the waiting room for them to find the wires for the 2nd. air they added at purchase but did not hook up thermostat. They said Jayco did not put wires in from factory and they would need to remove ceiling and walls to run wire. I did not want to remove walls so I told them I would run my on wires. Got home and removed air box, stuck my hand in behind insulation and found wires. took me less than ten min. I could write a book on other stuff they done, but It would get boring. Later I had staples pushing up under the roof and a suspension recall so I called Jayco. They told me to take it to my dealer. I told them my dealer was Camping World in Woodstock and without hesitation he said we will pick it up and carry it back to factory in Ind. They picked it up put complete roof on, installed 8000lb springs and some other stuff I didn't even ask for. After that I never had anymore problems with it.
    Nope, I'm talking about their store in Byron/Macon Ga. Told them we purchase the unit and pick it up 5 days later. When I arrived, it wasn't prepped. The sales manager was pissed since I paid cash and they had agreed to transfer my WD hitch. 5 hours later, it still wasn't done. Made enough noise EVERYONE in the store knew about their bottom of the garbage dump service. They got the saddles on (finally) and hooked up the truck. When I got home I found they hadn't tightened their bolts and you could slide them back and forth on the A frame. And the sales manager never provided me with the paperwork until I called the county sheriff and accused them of theft. Deputy called me and asked me to drive up (100 miles) so I could accompany him in. Sales manager started to give both of us a hard time (you'll get them when we get around to it). Pi55ed off deputy who arrested sales manager on theft charges and told store manager he was next. Store manager asked for 5 minutes, found paperwork and handed it to me with apology. Then he fired the sales manager for, among other things, stupidity and he was concerned the SM was going to set up loan for commission. Except for having them pull a wheel that was bent (when they broke the studs) haven't stepped into a CW (6 years and counting).

I've heard from others about similar problems since. Bought our Imagine at Camper'sInn RV in Byron. Service has been excellent.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379