User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Grand Design National Rally Frustration

I patiently waited today until 1:00 PM when I could log in and register for the 2021 Nation Rally. I clicked on the registration link at exactly 1:00 PM. I was extremely frustrated when all of the full-hook up sites were already booked up. I know that there could not have been that many folks who could have logged in prior to me and it is really frustrating that we are not going to be able to attend our first National Rally. There must be some kind of secret to getting registered for a full hook-up site. After a few minutes of trying to find a full hook up site, all of the sites were gone.

For those of you who were able to get registered and obtain a site, I am happy for you and hope that you have a great time.

Sincerely,

Bill Davis
    Bill & Kathy
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Ford F-250 XLT 4X4 SWD Gas 6.2
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Bill - that seems to be a quick "sellout." It will be interesting to see feedback from others who registered and got their first choice along with the others who did not or the rally was "sold out."

When we registered and went to the last Rally in 2019, we too jumped on right away and got one of the last spots in camping area "A" as I recall to my surprise. In just minutes, it seemed several folks were having to register in areas of second, third or other choices which we were prepared to do.

It will be interesting to see what feedback others share here on their success or lack thereof. We did not even try this year thinking that with the RV industry on fire, we too would have experienced what you shared due to the overwhelming response from folks wanting to attend. That appears to be the case with your situation.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard from one of my customers that today was the last day to register?...not sure.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I heard from one of my customers that today was the last day to register?...not sure.
    Hmm, that's news. All I have read on the GDRV official sites indicated today was the first day to register for attendees. I think that Red (Red and Pam run the Rally) has indicated that today is day one too.

Maybe what your customer shared, Steve, is true for all those involved in running, supporting, etc. the Rally before opening to the mass population.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rally registration did begin today but All sites will have full service with one difference which is you will be serviced by a honey wagon instead of a sewer hook up. I don't understand why this is going to cause you to not go
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan:

The minute I logged in at 1:00 I tried for Camping Area "A." It showed sites available. I might have made a mistake by continuing to click on a golf cart, and some of the field trips (which took about a minute or two) before I tried to check out. When I tried to check out, is when I received the notice that my camping area was not available. I possibly should have clicked on Camping Area "A" and then checked out right away. I couldn't help but feel like most of the Camping Area "A" sites were already reserved before the website went live at 1:00 PM. Oh well, I might get a shot at it next year. Happy camping Sir.
    Bill & Kathy
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Ford F-250 XLT 4X4 SWD Gas 6.2

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​I just now checked the registration page, it shows 2 sites available each in different areas, D and G

WOW that was a fast sell!!!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WBDavis View Post
    Thanks Dan:

The minute I logged in at 1:00 I tried for Camping Area "A." It showed sites available. I might have made a mistake by continuing to click on a golf cart, and some of the field trips (which took about a minute or two) before I tried to check out. When I tried to check out, is when I received the notice that my camping area was not available. I possibly should have clicked on Camping Area "A" and then checked out right away. I couldn't help but feel like most of the Camping Area "A" sites were already reserved before the website went live at 1:00 PM. Oh well, I might get a shot at it next year. Happy camping Sir.
    I think you hit on it. That extra time for the ancillary items (and not being checked out) would allow many, many folks to do just that. That's kinda the way most sites work.

With this large of event, there will be a number of folks canceling over the coming weeks. Maybe there is a wait list to get on and if your name comes up you can decide to attend.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WBDavis View Post
    I patiently waited today until 1:00 PM when I could log in and register for the 2021 Nation Rally. I clicked on the registration link at exactly 1:00 PM. I was extremely frustrated when all of the full-hook up sites were already booked up. I know that there could not have been that many folks who could have logged in prior to me and it is really frustrating that we are not going to be able to attend our first National Rally. There must be some kind of secret to getting registered for a full hook-up site. After a few minutes of trying to find a full hook up site, all of the sites were gone.

For those of you who were able to get registered and obtain a site, I am happy for you and hope that you have a great time.

Sincerely,

Bill Davis
    I too was shocked at quickly the 50A full hook-ups were gone. I did get into H-30, no sewer. I logged in at 12:02 CDT and it was pretty much cleaned out. I had to take what I could get.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    ​I just now checked the registration page, it shows 2 sites available each in different areas, D and G

WOW that was a fast sell!!!
    Yup, faster than Hinkle can drink an IPA......well, maybe not !

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast