User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under Chassis Storage

What are you doing for under chassis storage. I'm choking to get past the price of the Lippert pullout drawers. It seems to be the only thing out there.
    It appears that the mounting locations for it are fixed and therefore I'm wondering ...How do you know those will match up with points on the trailer frame that will allow attachment?

My other concern, and not just with Lippert products, the bottom of the beams where anything would be attached is high enough so that the skirt of the trailer would obstruct anything that would utilize any type of drawer pull operation. I noticed this when I saw how far under the trailer the sewer hose carrier was mounted.
    If any of you have mounted any of thus type od stuff under your trailer, some photos would really be appreciated,
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    What are you doing for under chassis storage. I'm choking to get past the price of the Lippert pullout drawers. It seems to be the only thing out there.
    It appears that the mounting locations for it are fixed and therefore I'm wondering ...How do you know those will match up with points on the trailer frame that will allow attachment?

My other concern, and not just with Lippert products, the bottom of the beams where anything would be attached is high enough so that the skirt of the trailer would obstruct anything that would utilize any type of drawer pull operation. I noticed this when I saw how far under the trailer the sewer hose carrier was mounted.
    If any of you have mounted any of thus type od stuff under your trailer, some photos would really be appreciated,
    I have personally NOT installed one of the Lippert pullouts, but I've eyeballed them several times over the years. I could just never pull the trigger on one of them because they are way overpriced in my opinion. Both my previous trailer and my current trailer would have required that I make something in order to install it......unistrut, aluminum angle (no rust), or something that would allow me to overcome two issues......mounting point and lowering it enough to clear the trailer skirting. I'm probably thankful that they do cost so much, because if they had been at a "reasonable" price, I likely would have pulled the trigger on one, then spent hours or days....and $$$ buying material for fabricating a mounting system that would have worked for me. And the "special" thing.....they aren't even waterproof. No thanks.....I'm not that interested anymore.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking at everything, I have pretty much lost interest in it. It's a lot of money for some angle iron, and a couple of plastic tubs that aren't even waterproof. The required mounting system was something that I had not given a lot of thought to, but thinking about it, it would probably be a real PITA.
    I think my time would be better spent figuring out how to optimize the existing storage.

I did solve the issue of the sewer hose storage being recessed behind the skirt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sewer2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	34820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sewer1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	34821
    Last edited by BobLandry; 06-08-2021 at 05:08 PM.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    After looking at everything, I have pretty much lost interest in it. It's a lot of money for some angle iron, and a couple of plastic tubs that aren't even waterproof. The required mounting system was something that I had not given a lot of thought to, but thinking about it, it would probably be a real PITA.
    I think my time would be better spent figuring out how to optimize the existing storage.

I did solve the issue of the sewer hose storage being recessed behind the skirt.

Name:	sewer2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	34820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sewer1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	34821
    I think we are on the same page with mounting...I used some aluminum angle and bolts through the existing levelling leg support that already has holes in it. And the nice thing, it's located right next to the Sewer Drain pipe....I made the carrier out of a 5" x 5" vinyl fence post, with a piece of 4" vinyl gutter inside of that.

Last edited by xrated; 06-08-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My solution:

Name:	260RDrear.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	35007

The aluminum box holds the chocks, wood landing pads and associated hardware. The black plastic box holds the septic gear with drain holes so I can periodically either hose it down or leave it open in the rain.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-18-2021 at 03:16 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.