User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I'll save you some homework. You would need to install a turn over ball like a B&W or Curt Double Lock ( my choice ) that sits on the frame under the bed. The weight of the Ball and Andersen is 75#.
    Thanks!!

That was the direction I was heading and was going to try and figure out weight. Thanks for saving me the homework!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the Tremor...what was the lemon issue? I just bought a 21 F-350 7.3L LB SCREW STX. Yes, I gave up the bells and whistles for the 4,250 pound payload and 19,900 pound fifth wheel capacity. So far I'm pleased.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the Tremor...what was the lemon issue? I just bought a 21 F-350 7.3L LB SCREW STX. Yes, I gave up the bells and whistles for the 4,250 pound payload and 19,900 pound fifth wheel capacity. So far I'm pleased.
    Meh. It all worked out. Florida lemon law is solid.. I got all my money back plus all my interest paid and reimbursed for any custom stuff I did. Just a hassle is all.

I had vibration and rough transmission shifting as a main issue. Was in the shop for 3 months out of the 6 months I had it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelisOne View Post
    Meh. It all worked out. Florida lemon law is solid.. I got all my money back plus all my interest paid and reimbursed for any custom stuff I did. Just a hassle is all.

I had vibration and rough transmission shifting as a main issue. Was in the shop for 3 months out of the 6 months I had it.

I have a 337RLS 5er and tow with a 2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L gas guzzler. I've never had my set-up weighed but someday soon I will... We don't have the washer and dryer but we do carry lots of stuff with us and usually travel with the fresh water tank full. I'm glad I have a truck this size and don't think I'd want to tow what I do with anything less.

Keep in mind that your max payload is figured with just a driver in the truck, not your passengers, the black lab, the toolbox in the bed of the truck with everything you need to be trailering, etc...when you figure your actual available payload you need to deduct all of these weights. Taking the tailgate off as you mentioned will give you a little more availability but not much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I bought a 2020 F250 Tremor 7.3 Gas in November, to tow a boat.. then it ended up being a lemon and worked with Ford to get it repurchased. Between that time, I bought a 2021 337RLS and in all of my research I never came across anything that made me think I would have a problem towing it. The problem was, when I got my lemon repurchased a few weeks ago, there is very limited supply of new Ford Super Duty trucks that meet what I was looking for - so when I found one out of state I jumped on it. A 2021 F250 Tremor with the 6.7L, Lariat, Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance Package, 10800# GVWR .. everything I thought I wanted in a truck.

Unfortunately, as much as I researched, I did not connect the dots on payload capacity/pin weight with enough detail. Well.. I ended up taking a look at the payload stick on the door and its 2777. I know I can weight my truck, but that is likely going to just cut it down to less.

The stupid thing is the Ford F250 Tremor is literally the same thing as the F350, but the payload rating is lower. So I generally feel as though the truck is capable of towing the 337, but I know of the potential liability risks of being over the GVWR.

My 337 had a pin weight rated at like 2070 per the sheet I got from the dealership. Is there anyone that has used their fifthwheel and ended up with a light enough load that you think I wouldn't end up over weight on the pin? or did I just screw myself and I have to buy a new F350.. even though there are basically none available anyway?

I will only be taking 1-2 trips a year.. mainly the RV stays at my hunt camp. How about towing with extra pin weight? Am I crazy?

Ugh,

Rob
    My 337 pin weight when loaded is right at 2800 lbs
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW-NC View Post
    My 337 pin weight when loaded is right at 2800 lbs
    Perfect. Good to know. Thanks!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I bought a 2020 F250 Tremor 7.3 Gas in November, to tow a boat.. then it ended up being a lemon and worked with Ford to get it repurchased. Between that time, I bought a 2021 337RLS and in all of my research I never came across anything that made me think I would have a problem towing it. The problem was, when I got my lemon repurchased a few weeks ago, there is very limited supply of new Ford Super Duty trucks that meet what I was looking for - so when I found one out of state I jumped on it. A 2021 F250 Tremor with the 6.7L, Lariat, Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance Package, 10800# GVWR .. everything I thought I wanted in a truck.

Unfortunately, as much as I researched, I did not connect the dots on payload capacity/pin weight with enough detail. Well.. I ended up taking a look at the payload stick on the door and its 2777. I know I can weight my truck, but that is likely going to just cut it down to less.

The stupid thing is the Ford F250 Tremor is literally the same thing as the F350, but the payload rating is lower. So I generally feel as though the truck is capable of towing the 337, but I know of the potential liability risks of being over the GVWR.

My 337 had a pin weight rated at like 2070 per the sheet I got from the dealership. Is there anyone that has used their fifthwheel and ended up with a light enough load that you think I wouldn't end up over weight on the pin? or did I just screw myself and I have to buy a new F350.. even though there are basically none available anyway?

I will only be taking 1-2 trips a year.. mainly the RV stays at my hunt camp. How about towing with extra pin weight? Am I crazy?

Ugh,

Rob
    @FidelisOne
    We picked up our new 337RLS on May 8th. First thing I did was hit the CAT scales across the street from the dealer.

I run a 16K Goosebox that the dealer installed (then I adjusted and re-installed due to bed clearance issues). The goosebox does save you the weight of the 5th wheel hitch, but it weights 180lbs or so and that all goes on the very front of the fiver, so i dont know how much it helps with reducing weight in the bed.

Tow vehicle is a 2019 F-350 with a yellow door sticker showing 3342 lbs of cargo capacity.

Here are my numbers on the scale with only myself in the truck;
    Steer axle = 4800
    Drive axle = 3420
    Gross weight = 8220

Here are my numbers with the new 2021 337RLS, my wife, a few overnight items, B&W ball in the factory pucks, 20k tow chains, full propane tanks, and battery;
    Steer axle = 4900
    Drive axle = 6040
    Trailer axle = 9080
    Gross weight = 20,000

That's 2,720 lbs of weight in teh truck....and I had not loaded up yet.
    I have added tools and supplies and stocked up the unit now and will hit the scales again in the next month.

My truck has a gvw rating of 11,500. That leaves me 560lbs of additional weight from picking up the unit to loading it.

Hope this helps.
    Attached are my CAT scale tickets.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0583.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	409.8 KB 
ID:	35002
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0601.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	411.8 KB 
ID:	35003
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, Reese 16K Goosebox, B&W ball with factory Ford Puck system
    2019 F350 Powerstroke Lariat, SRW, 4WD, 3.55, 6.75' bed, GVWR 11,500# Payload 3342#

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know nothing about your rig but having read your comments and those of others it seems to me that even if you are able to get under the various weight limits you will be very close to one or more of those limits. I read a lot on this subject when searching for a trailer. Some people are in the safety margin camp where you are under 80% of the various weight limits. Others say it's OK to be right at the limits or even over a little. It sounds like if you keep your truck you will be in the latter camp. So then you have to ask yourself if you left out things you would prefer to take to get under those limits will you have the discipline to not sneak some of those items back into the truck or trailer? It's about safety first and liability second should you get in an accident. Listening to what others say is meaningless in this regard. You will find yourself picking the opinions and using the numbers that support your choice and ignoring those that don't. It's human nature. Safety is your responsibility and only yours so you will have to make the call.

For me deciding on a trailer was fairly easy and I was lucky enough to find one on the lot of a local dealer. Finding a truck was more difficult. It took about two months. I got lucky and found an internet sales rep who was willing to work with me in the search for a truck even though they didn't have one on their lot that met my specifications and put up with me when I modified my must have list a couple of times. She ultimately found a truck at a dealer about 200 miles away.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234