User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    When retracting the 6 jacks with all slides in I'm having an issue where the jack stops coming up and I have to release the button and let it set a few seconds than start again. This can happen several times during the retraction and happens with all 6. My fluid tank is full upon full retraction of all slides and jacks. I've had the system checked and they claim no issues found. Suggestions on what to check or do. This is on a 2019 Grand Design 310. thanks
    I suspect that you have a 50 amp auto-reset breaker. This is an extremely common issue, and you may have noticed the issue is more prevalent in cold weather. The thing to know is that the more these breakers trip, the weaker they become and the more that your system will have this issue. If you don't want to upgrade to the 80 amp breaker (I was a little concerned about that), first try installing a new 50 amp 12 volt auto-reset breaker. I tried this advice on my last Lippert level up and it resolved the issue. They are about 8 bucks each on Amazon...so it is also about the cheapest and fasted troubleshooting option out there!
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    I suspect that you have a 50 amp auto-reset breaker. This is an extremely common issue, and you may have noticed the issue is more prevalent in cold weather. The thing to know is that the more these breakers trip, the weaker they become and the more that your system will have this issue. If you don't want to upgrade to the 80 amp breaker (I was a little concerned about that), first try installing a new 50 amp 12 volt auto-reset breaker. I tried this advice on my last Lippert level up and it resolved the issue. They are about 8 bucks each on Amazon...so it is also about the cheapest and fasted troubleshooting option out there!
    There should be NO FEAR about upsizing to an 80A auto reset breaker.....this is a Lippert Approved replacement.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    There should be NO FEAR about upsizing to an 80A auto reset breaker.....this is a Lippert Approved replacement.
    I guess that I should have been clearer...I didn't feel like going through the hassle of upgrading the wiring

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001896.pdf

The other relevant technical bulletin is Lip sheet 0058, but I couldn't get it to link. It places the responsibility of wiring upgrades on the owner/dealer.
    Last edited by DECelt; 06-09-2021 at 06:19 AM.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go a different direction....

Have you watched all 6 jacks while having them retract?

They will not all retract at the same time. You may see movement when first starting, but they will cycle through, just like your slides function.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I'm going to go a different direction....

Have you watched all 6 jacks while having them retract?

They will not all retract at the same time. You may see movement when first starting, but they will cycle through, just like your slides function.
    That ^^^^ is an excellent point Steve, and one that I forgot to mention. The reason behind that process is because the levellers are basically sharing the same hydraulic line....in pairs. So the movement starts with the leveller that basically first in the line and continues until the pressure in the line is high enough to cause the other leveller to operate. There is nothing defective about this, it's just the results of how they are piped up hydraulically. Good Point and thanks for adding that.

And of course the easy way to tell whether this process ^^^^ is happening...OR....there is a breaker issue is that with the breaker issue, ALL movement is stopped and the pump quits running, whereas with the piping configuration, the pump will still be running and at least one of the levellers will be moving.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the front compartment, where the Hydraulic pump and tank is located, there is an auto reset breaker on the back wall of the compartment. It's possible that the breaker is tripping and then when it cools off, it resets. The easiest way to locate it is to start with the red wire at the hydraulic pump motor reverservinc contactor and follow that red wire back to the device it connects to....the auto reset breaker. The other side of that breaker hooks directly up to the Pos. terminal of the battery and that wiring is a heavier gauge wire than most of the stuff in that area.

Now that you've found it, have someone run the levelers up, just like you were doing when it quits. While they are running them up, stick you head inside the compartment and you may even be able to hear it click if it is in fact.....tripping. Check and see if it is a 50 auto breaker, and if it is, Grand Design will send you a new one that will be a larger size (80A breaker). If it is tripping and it is an 80A breaker, there are a couple of choices to consider. 1. The breaker could be defective and tripping prematurely. 2. The motor circuit for the pump is going bad. The cheapest and easiest is of course replacing the breaker....a part that is approx. $30. If you have a multimeter, you can check for loss of voltage at the terminal that has the wire that goes to the pump motor contactor when you hear it trip. Hope this helps.
    You were right its clicking and resets pretty fast. Two questions: 1. How or who do I contact at GD. 2. Why would they install a 50 amp when it needs a 80 to run correctly? I know, but I just had to ask number 2. LOL
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were right its clicking and resets pretty fast. Two questions: 1. How or who do I contact at GD. 2. Why would they install a 50 amp when it needs a 80 to run correctly? I know, but I just had to ask number 2. LOL
    Unless you are still under warranty, contacting Grand Design may not do you any good.

At this point you can repair it yourself (not very difficult, just basic 12 volt wiring), or contact a mobile RV Technician (your Dealer can also perform the repair but it is going to cost a pretty penny).

Here is a quote from my previous post with a link to the proper 80a self-resetting breaker):

PS: If you do need to install a 80 amp breaker, I would suggest replacing all the wiring for the hydraulic pump with 4 ga wire. I upgraded all my wiring when I installed the 80 amp breaker and the whole system works very well now.

PPS: This is the 80 amp, self resetting, breaker I installed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I had copied down your posted link.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact GD customer service. Mine was out of warranty when it failed and they knew that there was an issue with them having installed a 50A instead of an 80A. Be prepared before you call with the VIN of the trailer and if necessary, remind them that, if I'm not mistaken, there was a Service Bulletin about that issue. They may ask you a few questions about what it's doing and such, but basically they know it was a mistake to have put them in. It doesn't hurt anything to call them and ask. As to why they put them in there, I'm not sure....it may have been a Lippert recommendation at the time, and then they found that it wasn't adequate....I'm not sure.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact GD customer service. Mine was out of warranty when it failed and they knew that there was an issue with them having installed a 50A instead of an 80A. Be prepared before you call with the VIN of the trailer and if necessary, remind them that, if I'm not mistaken, there was a Service Bulletin about that issue. They may ask you a few questions about what it's doing and such, but basically they know it was a mistake to have put them in. It doesn't hurt anything to call them and ask. As to why they put them in there, I'm not sure....it may have been a Lippert recommendation at the time, and then they found that it wasn't adequate....I'm not sure.
    Thanks! I'll look into it with GD
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast