Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Remote Leveling

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote Leveling

We do not have One Control on our 2021 Solitude - everything is manual. The leveling system is Lippert's 6 point hydraulic system with the gray "Level Up" control panel.

I was researching possible ways to add remote control capability to the leveling system because it is very difficult to access the leveling control panel when we store the RV. Some years back, Lippert sold a replacement control module that communicated with a special purpose wireless remote, but those are no longer available. Probably because One Control is now sort of standard.

I made several calls to Lippert with no success after talking to Parts, Leveling tech support, and One-control tech support. The stock answer was "Nope, can't do it". Finally, on the third call, I got a person that wanted to be useful and spent about a half hour digging out the info. It turns out there is a way. Lippert now makes a replacement leveling controller with an integrated Bluetooth module that will communicate with the One Control app on your phone, but, as Lippert assures me, without needing the whole One Control setup.

I'm trying to find out if anyone has looked into, or better yet, done this.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not certain about the hydraulic version but the electric version can work with a hand held remote. Lippert's remotes are stupid expensive [eBay at least $400]. The quickest way that I have found to see if your ECU can use this remote is to see if there is a black wire that comes out of the ECU. That wire is the antenna for the remote. It's usually coiled up with the harness'

It's not Bluetooth, but if all you want is to operate the system using a hand held device, I would research that. Google is your friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Not certain about the hydraulic version but the electric version can work with a hand held remote. Lippert's remotes are stupid expensive [eBay at least $400]. The quickest way that I have found to see if your ECU can use this remote is to see if there is a black wire that comes out of the ECU. That wire is the antenna for the remote. It's usually coiled up with the harness'

It's not Bluetooth, but if all you want is to operate the system using a hand held device, I would research that. Google is your friend.
    I think it is this remote. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one used on Amazon $170, it works well.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it looks like the one I was talking about. $170 is a bargain. The charge cable is not that special. I believe it's just a mini USB type connector.