User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez just upgrade the OEM 50 amp breaker (10 minute job at max) and quit bothering about contacting GD or some RV service center for warranty work... 80 amp breaker for the hydraulic pump is what should have come OEN and has been an issue across ALL manufacturers for well over a decade now... Wiring (OEM) for existing 50 amp breaker is more than suffice for 80 amp in this application...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate you responding, but some of us are less mechanical than others and as far are not changing the wiring out when the Lippert bulletin says change it and you don't and it causes a fire will you cover it for me when my insurance would tell me they won't? But I really do thank your for responding.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original bulletin put out by Lippert years ago regarding 50 amp breaker on the hyd pump motor...

The new version of this bulletin has been updated talking about wire size.. its a CYA by the manufacturer.

As I stated this is about the most simple swap out that can be done on any RV with the Lippert hyd pump motor and OEM 50 amp ( bargain basement ) resettable breaker...

The distance of the cable from one breaker source post to the other is less than a foot.. The voltage drop is next to nothing..

and you will not burn up your RV unless someone removed the original OEM factory cable that runs from source post of one breaker to source post of this breaker providing power to dual polarity solenoid and installed maybe #8 gauge wire..

YMMV
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (130).png  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the Lippert 0058 PDF mentioned above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80 amp breaker hydraulic lippert 0058.pdf 
Views:	19 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	35006
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Yes this is a strong possibility.

Another strong possibility is your battery is weak and/or insufficient. Do you only have a single battery? Are you hooked up to either shore power or to your tow vehicle (and are you sure you are getting 12 volts from the truck)?

Try being hooked up to the tow vehicle with the TV running (ensure you have 12 volts from the truck [newer Fords need the brakes applied with the doors closed]). Also, if you have access to a "Jump" box try attaching that to your battery to boost your battery's power output.

Checking these items should put you on the path to solving this issue.

PS: If you do need to install a 80 amp breaker, I would suggest replacing all the wiring for the hydraulic pump with 4 ga wire. I upgraded all my wiring when I installed the 80 amp breaker and the whole system works very well now.

PPS: This is the 80 amp, self resetting, breaker I installed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I'm finally getting around to fixing this issue. I had contacted GD and they told me to check the wire size as they felt it had been upgraded on my 2019 310GK to handle the 80 amp breaker upgrade. I did and it was the size they recommended, but I can't remember what the size was. My two questions now are 1. What size wire should it be to upgrade to the 80 amp breaker (I can't remember what GD told me). 2. How long did it take someone to do this upgrade if the wiring was ok?

One mobile dealer told me he wouldn't even look at doing the upgrade with out the written permission from GD. I understand his point, but.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    I'm finally getting around to fixing this issue. I had contacted GD and they told me to check the wire size as they felt it had been upgraded on my 2019 310GK to handle the 80 amp breaker upgrade. I did and it was the size they recommended, but I can't remember what the size was. My two questions now are 1. What size wire should it be to upgrade to the 80 amp breaker (I can't remember what GD told me). 2. How long did it take someone to do this upgrade if the wiring was ok?

One mobile dealer told me he wouldn't even look at doing the upgrade with out the written permission from GD. I understand his point, but.
    Answer # 1: Based on the below wire gauge chart, 4 AWG wire is the minimum recommended wire size for an 80 amp load.

Answer # 2: If you need to replace all the wiring going to and from your Hydraulic Pump, I would expect the job to take between 1 to 2 hours to complete including installation of the new breaker.

See attached wire gauge chart below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Color Wire Size Chart.jpg  
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Answer # 1: Based on the below wire gauge chart, 4 AWG wire is the minimum recommended wire size for an 80 amp load.

Answer # 2: If you need to replace all the wiring going to and from your Hydraulic Pump, I would expect the job to take between 1 to 2 hours to complete including installation of the new breaker.

See attached wire gauge chart below:
    Thank You! My old brain thinks when I looked it was 6 AWG. but I'll have to look again. I was thinking to just change out the $40 80-amp it would take say 30-60 minutes at most. If new wiring all around 1-2 hours sounds about right. Thanks again!
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same problem with my unit.
    It’s only when I retract.
    The dealer installed a new motor and replaced the 50 amp cb with a 80 amp cb and it worse now 😬

Were you able to figure out what was causing your issue?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the 80amp CB replaced under warranty - hit the same problems. Put a clamp meter on the wire between the CB and solenoid and between the CB and breaker. Amp draw was reaching over 126Amps on both sides. After CB was replaced, the draw was under 50Amps but I was still having the problem on occasion - not always. Never been fully resolved. I am toying with replacing the hydraulic fluid with full synthetic as it seems to happen more frequently below 40F. Dealership says it tests fine. LCI tech says the control board is likely the problem. GD tech says motor. I tend to agree that the control board logic is getting messed up. What makes it more interesting is this 310 has the "Level-up Advantage" controller which is no longer available from Grand Design. Looked like a short production run and the replacement PN is not in the parts lookup site. Nobody could agree on what needs to be fixed so only the CB was changed. It's better, but still all four rear jacks try to retract at the same time which sets the CB off. According to LCI, sequence should be middle jacks up first, rear jacks up second, landing gear extension third.

Here's another thread on the subject. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...hlight=126amps
    Last edited by ajg617; 02-14-2024 at 06:31 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick response the dealer installed a manual 80 amp cb which seems real cheap and is definitely a pain😬 I literally have to count to 4 then stop wait five seconds and go again if not it pops.
    I’m going to order this auto reset
    Bussmann CB181F-80 Waterproof High Amp Flush Mount Type I Circuit Breaker 80 Amp and try out 😬
    🤞🏼
    It looks like you have way more knowledge behind this problem, I hope you get yours figured out.
    I will post back what happens on my end I’m running our rig to a different dealer today for something else but will be picking their brain.
    Have a great day my friend!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast