Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone please help / explain???

This is so frustrating!
    It is now 9:49 PM. registration opened @ 1:PM. It took me until 6:30 to finally get a site that was available. I filled out all of the boxes and spent over 20 minutes banging my head against PayPal, and have since done it three more times. I refresh and then see something open with sometimes 3 available and then click and suddenly not available. Only one section and the craft row show "Sold Out".

Why is it so ridiculously hard to register for a rally? I work nights, so I got up halfway through my sleep cycle for this. I used seniority and bumped somebody for the days off. From 1 until 4:30 I was solidly refresh, click (now unavailable), refresh. 4:30 until 5:15 it was when I could then I left for work. Then from 6:00 until after 8, same thing again.

So now, I am having to try between my calls. So, can somebody who knows tell me, Are there still spaces open or do I need to just walk away and accept this as the National Rally Experience? If there are spaces, how do we get around the failure to connect with PayPal to pay for this?

Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure its just demand, with all of the cancellations last year, EVERYONE has been waiting to pounce!!! I wish we could attend a rally, by the time I read they were having them agian in TEXAS, all sold out!!! Total bummber. Side note says the waiting list is full also, double bummer!!! Just wanted you to know your not alone
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    I'm sure its just demand, with all of the cancellations last year, EVERYONE has been waiting to pounce!!! I wish we could attend a rally, by the time I read they were having them agian in TEXAS, all sold out!!! Total bummber. Side note says the waiting list is full also, double bummer!!! Just wanted you to know your not alone
    Well, in the middle of the night I found that it ended up being a failure to communicate between Eventbrite and PayPal resulting in that bridge being blown up in the middle of it all, and then a second failure when nothing was communicated to the masses, but then as I would imagine most were as I was and running around the registration site site chasing our own shadows to the exclusion of everything else.
    Keep trying and maybe you will get lucky and happen to hit that magical moment when the system begins working again.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The volume of people within the Grand Design Family registering for the 2021 National Rally was remarkable. Due to the significant demand and activity in such a short amount of time, PayPal's security system detected fraud and froze Grand Design's account. The freeze is what led to issues, including payment. Understandably, this is very frustrating.
    Below is the note we received from Grand Design:
    "Our apologies to everyone trying to register for the 2021 National Rally... PayPal noticed the significant activity and decided to limit our account to protect our account from fraud. They emailed us to let us know, and we acted as quickly as possible to resolve. We requested an expedited review process and explained the significance of the situation. PayPal is communicating that it could be a few days to resolve, but we are an expedited case. We will keep you all posted on the progress of the situation."
    When PayPal comes back online, our goal is to be as fair as possible to move forward with registrations (using the time stamps on several avenues of communication). Truthfully, we do not have enough spots to accommodate everybody that wishes to register. The process of contacting everyone will be a time-consuming task over the next few days, and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. We will continue to be transparent on new information as we get it.
    Red and Pam.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually