Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Tailgater Pro Sat Antenna - Secondary output issues

I have the Tailgater Pro Sat Antenna with the dual outputs for two TVs. I'm using Dish Network with two Wally receivers. All the instructions that I've founds say that during set up to use the Primary output to the secondary TV and set it up first. I complete that setup and all is good and receiving my channels. I then connect the secondary TV to the secondary output port. I connect the primary output to the primary TV and set it up and all is good on both TVs. The issue is you can keep the Wally receivers for shutting off after no use at night. The next morning the primary comes back on and all is good. Secondary TV comes on but most of the channels are not available. Only way to get it back to all channels is to reboot using the primary output signal off the SAT. How do I solve this problem? thanks
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the issue with the secondary not receiving all channels is that it can only see the channels on the satellite that the primary Wally is viewing. I'm surprised you could see an alternate satellite at all even with the full reset you did.

I don't know which channels are on which satellite. Maybe the James Long satellite web pages might show you. you'll have to do some google searching to find out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I think the issue with the secondary not receiving all channels is that it can only see the channels on the satellite that the primary Wally is viewing. I'm surprised you could see an alternate satellite at all even with the full reset you did.

I don't know which channels are on which satellite. Maybe the James Long satellite web pages might show you. you'll have to do some google searching to find out.
    Yes, I understand the secondary wally will only see the sat the Primary is link to. The problem is after the wally on the secondary is powered off after a set time of no use when he comes back it it has lost most of the available channels. ty
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah - got it. Not sure what to say. I've had so much trouble with mine staying 'on-line' not to mention just dropping the satellites. I had to stop using it where I am now due to trees, will resume trying to use it at the next place.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a quirk I believe there no long-term workaround for, but I've not revisited in over a year. One dish is being used with receivers (Wally) that are intended to be master devices and both cannot receive the nightly updates through one dish since only one configuration can be primary. In your home, the master would be a Hopper for instance and then the Joeys are slaved devices. The Wally cannot be configured to run as a slave to another Wally, even though it can be to a Hopper. Quirk of the Wally programming and port usage on them. One thing that you can do is turn off the Wally power off timers, leave them on, and just turn your TV off. You will go a longer spell before needing to reset the second Wally. We no longer have the second, loaner Wally, so I don't have means to see if Dish opened up the networking capabilities for the Wally. If so, you could theoretically network them just like a Hopper and Joeys exist in the home (or even use just a Joey with a Wally).

I do know there's more modern residential gear for Dish, but I own all my devices and all work fine. Lol
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I’ll try it
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.