User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Camper Pickup- Inspection Best Practices?

Hello everyone-

This Saturday (June 12,2021) will be the day I finally pick up my new Grand Design 31MB, ordered from the factory back in February. Been on the lot for a few weeks, as i had to wait for a hitch and my new tow vehicle. Anyways- I've been watching a lot of videos on best practices for new camper inspections. I'm not new to owning RV's, had a travel trailer and a Class A (traded in for this rig). I intend to focus on all the seals around the seams and on all the sliders, as well as on the roof. Check all electrical components (leveling, lighting, A/V, Awning, etc). Also want to check the water functions and ensure no leaks. Of course it's important to check the exterior and ensure there are no issues with the paint, decals, etc. Also want to double check the slide out seals and function (also check the top of the slide outs on the inside of the camper, ensure seals and no debris. Mentioned the roof, but I intend to ensure seals are good on the seams as well as around all the vents and such on the roof. Check the tires and ensure they are in good condition. What am I missing? I know once I take it off the lot, it's a new ballgame.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbouvia View Post
    Hello everyone-

This Saturday (June 12,2021) will be the day I finally pick up my new Grand Design 31MB, ordered from the factory back in February. Been on the lot for a few weeks, as i had to wait for a hitch and my new tow vehicle. Anyways- I've been watching a lot of videos on best practices for new camper inspections. I'm not new to owning RV's, had a travel trailer and a Class A (traded in for this rig). I intend to focus on all the seals around the seams and on all the sliders, as well as on the roof. Check all electrical components (leveling, lighting, A/V, Awning, etc). Also want to check the water functions and ensure no leaks. Of course it's important to check the exterior and ensure there are no issues with the paint, decals, etc. Also want to double check the slide out seals and function (also check the top of the slide outs on the inside of the camper, ensure seals and no debris. Mentioned the roof, but I intend to ensure seals are good on the seams as well as around all the vents and such on the roof. Check the tires and ensure they are in good condition. What am I missing? I know once I take it off the lot, it's a new ballgame.
    Congratscand good luck. If you search this forum, you'll feed a pdi spreadsheet that members have been working on for tt and 5ers. My advice is take your time and don't let them pressure you along.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on the PDI checklist. Found it- and downloaded! Will be using on Sat.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PDI checklist was a big help! Thanks for putting it together, and sharing. My walkthrough was about 3 hours, and the dealer was gracious and very thorough in running through the rig with me!

Here's a pic- breaking her in this weekend!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camper_Truck.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	35100