User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
    Ckreef, I’ve decided on the airlift 5000. Did you install yourself? What did you do for a compressor? Thanks
    I do no have air bags , stock leaf spring suspension?
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M
    2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
    Ckreef, I’ve decided on the airlift 5000. Did you install yourself? What did you do for a compressor? Thanks
    I did install it myself. Not difficult. You do need a nice floor jack, jack stands a few hand tools and small torque wrench. 2 hours max and that includes running the air lines. Don't cut the air line in half per the instructions. Do the longer run first saving the remainder of the air line for the shorter run.

I originally ordered the 74000 EZ air compressor but they are on back order with no date insight so I canceled that part of the order. I installed my inflation valves on the left side of the license plate area. I have a Viair pump that I hard wired to my 5th wheel battery and keep that pump in the 5th wheel front storage. Easy enough to inflate I just have to back the truck up to the 5th wheel to use the pump. Currently I run 75 psi when towing the 5th wheel and 5-6 psi when not towing.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar set up with the 3500 and the same airbags the the fills just left of the license plate but I also have the trail aire pin box. I run about 50-60 in the truck bags as the 5vr was sitting high in the front until I lowered the bw hitch to the bottom..that improved chucking till almost nonexistant even though the 5vr is still a tad high on the nose.
    2019 Solitude 377MBSR
    2018 RAM 3500 LB dually CC 4x4 deisel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123