Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody getting new truck order in?

I’ve got a F350 dually diesel on order from our local Ford dealer. Paid the deposit mid April and was told it was taking about 6 weeks to get it in. Checking on it a bit later I was told that we missed the 2021 slot and it’s going to be at least 30 days longer due to the time necessary for retooling for the 2022 model year. So, okay, a year newer truck. Not all bad.

As I’m waiting, I read on the internet so it got to be true 😜, about all these Ford SD sitting in the Kentucky Motor Speedway parking lot waiting on microchips so they can be finished and shipped out. And I read about microchip shortages everywhere for everything and maybe 2 years before it all gets caught up.

So, I said all that to ask: is anyone out there got a new SD recently? One that you ordered before me in mid April and so maybe there is hope for me getting mine sometime this year? Any info out there about this?

Thanks in advance

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harred View Post
    I’ve got a F350 dually diesel on order from our local Ford dealer. Paid the deposit mid April and was told it was taking about 6 weeks to get it in. Checking on it a bit later I was told that we missed the 2021 slot and it’s going to be at least 30 days longer due to the time necessary for retooling for the 2022 model year. So, okay, a year newer truck. Not all bad.

As I’m waiting, I read on the internet so it got to be true ��, about all these Ford SD sitting in the Kentucky Motor Speedway parking lot waiting on microchips so they can be finished and shipped out. And I read about microchip shortages everywhere for everything and maybe 2 years before it all gets caught up.

So, I said all that to ask: is anyone out there got a new SD recently? One that you ordered before me in mid April and so maybe there is hope for me getting mine sometime this year? Any info out there about this?

Thanks in advance
    I can't answer for others who may have the first-hand experience but from what I've been seeing on the ford trucks forums, some guys are saying they are not going to be getting their 2022's till July (doubt it) and others are saying the end of October if that date holds. Probably more towards 2022 if you ask me. If I didn't need to tow my trailer and toys, I'd sell my 2020 F350, make a quick buck and then wait till things get back to "normal" if that ever happens. From what I've read recently, the big 3 are not going to be keeping inventory as plentiful as pre-covid. Who knows...
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a F450 2022 in early May

Was told this week it has started to be build (got VIN #). I do expect however for it to be delayed due to computer chip shortages and I asked dealer when they would know. They said should know by mid July if that is case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've driven by the KY Speedway and there are thousands of trucks sitting there. Also heard that the Louisville SD truck plant will be shutdown an extra 2 weeks in July due to the chip shortage and no place to put the built trucks. Don't think you will see your truck anytime soon.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drove by the KY Speedway yesterday, boy is there a lot of trucks. Imagine what the prices on trucks are going to be when they start getting the chips in, in larger amounts and flood the market with the trucks. They will need to get rid of the '21s for the '22s.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles