I am sure I will get some haters but my only suggestion is if you already have one then no reason not to use it. But if you don't already have one and your trailer/tongue weights were within the rated limited of your truck/receiver hitch then first tow it and see how it feels before you decide if you need to invest in the WD hitch or not. For my specific setup, I determined it isn't needed (Class IV hitch is rated for up to 1200lb tongue weight [non-weight distributing]). My truck also has the air ride auto leveling rear suspension so the ride height is always the same...I know I am removing some weight off of the front axle but given how little it is, and having a big heavy Diesel engine up front it is not noticeable. If I had a larger/heavier TT than I would use a WD hitch without question. Also, if I were to notice any sway while towing, I would again install one without question. But so far I have over 1K miles of highway and winding mountain passes that I have traveled and it hasn't swayed even once. So again, back to my initial comment...if you already have a WD hitch, there is no reason not to use it but if you don't own one yet, do some tests and see if you really need one or not before you spend the money.

I plan on taking the money I would have spent on the WD hitch and plan on upgrading the TT suspension with the MoreRyde SRE3000/4000 and the wet bolt kit instead. I think I will gain more form that upgrade than I would from a WD hitch.