User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    I have a Thetford 35 gallon, since that is what my local dealer had in stock when I needed one "right then". Were I to be purchasing another one, which isn't in the plans, I would look at the Barker for the following reasons over the Thetford.
    Availability of pneumatic tires on the Barker.
    Barker has a valve on the outlet, Thetford doesn't. I found a video on how to make a camel hump with the hose to control the flow but would prefer the valve
    Barker has a metal handle where my Thetford is plastic and feels flimsy, hasn't broken yet but won't be surprised when it does.

After seeing folks struggle with a 2 wheeled "stool bus", I would only recommend a 4 wheeled version.
    The rhino has a nice side outlet with a gate valve
    Also has a tank rinser

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Tote N Store 18 gallon that has been great. I just saw it was listed as "unavailable" on Amazon. Here is the link to the 25 gallon version: https://www.amazon.com/Tote-N-Store-...%2C274&sr=8-37

I echo the advice, consider small and 4 wheels. Mine is small enough that I keep it in my front storage of my RV. Very easy to maneuver.

I can only speak for the Tote N Store, but it came with a 3 foot sewer hose. I like the short hose; however, the one that came with it did not instill confidence; so I bought a separate one from Rhino that is well made.
    Last edited by Keebler; 06-10-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Evening all, we are going in our first excursion to Beaver Lake in Roger's AR mid July and it will be a "no sewer" adventure. I am wanting to buy a portable waste tank and I wanted to know with all ya'lls vast knowledge what tank you like, what tank to stay away from and on and on.....I know prices vary a lot.

Thanks to all.
    Thanks for this post! For a couple of reasons. I have the Rhino 36 gallon. Bought it primarily because we needed one, there was a Camping World near by, and it was on sale for a ridiculous low price. Like 40% off! I have used it once and as @AZCamper said it is a beast to handle with only two wheels. Especially if your site doesn't have room or is not level on the sewer side of your trailer.

But your post got me thinking that I should have had the tote out at the front of the trailer and run my sewer hoses there. For some stupid reason I thought it needed to be near the sewer outlet and filled there. Then I had to move it to the front and connect to the truck. So your post caused me to think of a better way to use it. The only real requirement is that the tote be lower than your sewer outlet.

Then @AZCamper mentioned a front wheel kit that I didn't know existed. So my problem with the Rhino tote has been solved by your post. I now have two possible solutions to make it easier to handle. So I would recommend the Rhino tote. It is less expensive than the Barker. And I don't like the blue color of the Barker. Personal preference.

The Downsizing Makes Centers YouTube guy did a review comparing the Barker and the Rhino. You may want to check itout.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The rhino has a nice side outlet with a gate valve
    Also has a tank rinser

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Hey @NB Canada. Have you figured out why the drain on the Rhino is on the wrong side? If you are towing the cart to the dump station the drain outlet is on the side of the tote away from the dump station drain. At least on mine it is. I can't figure that one out.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    Hey @NB Canada. Have you figured out why the drain on the Rhino is on the wrong side? If you are towing the cart to the dump station the drain outlet is on the side of the tote away from the dump station drain. At least on mine it is. I can't figure that one out.
    Doesn’t bother me. I always unhook from the truck and pull it over to the drain

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Camco Rhino 36 gallon. I keep my RV at a campground with gravel roads. Yeah, it can get heavy when full (so don't fill all the way) but I have no problem. Came with everything, clear 90 elbow, 5 foot hose, caps for hose, gate valve, and adapter to put on my hitch (no need for another pair of wheels), ladder hook. Works awesome except as someone pointed out, gate valve is on the right. I would prefer it in the back.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Camco Rhino 36 with the front wheel kit. Saves the back trying to lift onto a hitch. But I have never done that anyway. I use my bicycle to tow it to the dump station. Just watch the downhill runs with the 250-300 extra pounds behind ya. 😜

Finally, others will have the opposite opinion, but I like the Camco because it has hard wheels. I have enough wheels to worry about keeping inflated. Don't need it on my tank too.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a Rhino 28 gal off Amazon. A little bigger than 1/2 the capacity of a gray tank, so 2 trips if I want to empty the gray tank. Will never use it for a black tank.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Captcolour, don't understand why not.....isn't it mainly used for black?
    Can't you put grey on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Bought a Rhino 28 gal off Amazon. A little bigger than 1/2 the capacity of a gray tank, so 2 trips if I want to empty the gray tank. Will never use it for a black tank.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Thanks Captcolour, don't understand why not.....isn't it mainly used for black?
    Can't you put grey on the ground?
    Grey on the ground? In many, many places that will net you a hefty fine and getting banned if caught. Plenty of the soaps, mouthwash, and toothpaste residuals along with grease and fats are not good for ecosystem health. In these parts, if caught dumping to ground in a private campground, not only does it affect you as the offender but the campground owners gets dinged too.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast