User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portable waste tank

Evening all, we are going in our first excursion to Beaver Lake in Roger's AR mid July and it will be a "no sewer" adventure. I am wanting to buy a portable waste tank and I wanted to know with all ya'lls vast knowledge what tank you like, what tank to stay away from and on and on.....I know prices vary a lot.

Thanks to all.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest the Barker tote.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by excide99 View Post
    I would suggest the Barker tote.
    X2.

Don’t go too big unless you have nothing but smooth roads to the dump station. They can get pretty heavy.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Evening all, we are going in our first excursion to Beaver Lake in Roger's AR mid July and it will be a "no sewer" adventure. I am wanting to buy a portable waste tank and I wanted to know with all ya'lls vast knowledge what tank you like, what tank to stay away from and on and on.....I know prices vary a lot.

Thanks to all.
    I have the Camco 36 gallon and it’s a beast. Don’t use it too often but before I do again I am getting the four wheel kit for it to help me hook it up the hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the rhino 28 gallon. Pure perfection

Big wheels and hooks easily to your truck to tow

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the Barker 22gal many years ago (14?) and it served us well for 11 or 12 of those years. We personally only put grey water in ours. Our 2015 Reflection 323BHS was the first camper with two grey tanks and we also had a second kid since then. When they were both old enough to take showers instead of washing at least one in the sink we found that we were filling our grey tanks faster and it would sometimes take me 2-3 trips to drain the grey tanks. I usually had to take one blue tank a night down.
    A couple of years ago we upgraded to a Barker 42gal and have been very happy with that. The Barker brand seems to last very well - we gave the 22gal to my parents after they got an RV and they're still using it, so it's around 14-15 years old at this point, and still going strong.
    After years of man-handling the 22gal one, when we bought a new one I wanted 4 wheels and a side drain. The 4 wheels so that I was not picking up one side of the tank (70 or so pounds) to move it from the camper to the truck and again at the dump station to drain it. The side drain for the same reason. Now I only lift when it's empty to put it in the bed of the truck. Although none of them truly empty all the way!
    I did add some kayak handles to the 42gal to make it easier to lift.
    Hope that helps some.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    X2.

Don’t go too big unless you have nothing but smooth roads to the dump station. They can get pretty heavy.
    Thanks JK, good advise.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I use the rhino 28 gallon. Pure perfection

Big wheels and hooks easily to your truck to tow

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thanks NB (sounds like a Miata man), the Rhino looks great

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    We bought the Barker 22gal many years ago (14?) and it served us well for 11 or 12 of those years. We personally only put grey water in ours. Our 2015 Reflection 323BHS was the first camper with two grey tanks and we also had a second kid since then. When they were both old enough to take showers instead of washing at least one in the sink we found that we were filling our grey tanks faster and it would sometimes take me 2-3 trips to drain the grey tanks. I usually had to take one blue tank a night down.
    A couple of years ago we upgraded to a Barker 42gal and have been very happy with that. The Barker brand seems to last very well - we gave the 22gal to my parents after they got an RV and they're still using it, so it's around 14-15 years old at this point, and still going strong.
    After years of man-handling the 22gal one, when we bought a new one I wanted 4 wheels and a side drain. The 4 wheels so that I was not picking up one side of the tank (70 or so pounds) to move it from the camper to the truck and again at the dump station to drain it. The side drain for the same reason. Now I only lift when it's empty to put it in the bed of the truck. Although none of them truly empty all the way!
    I did add some kayak handles to the 42gal to make it easier to lift.
    Hope that helps some.
    Thanks jakev, that is great info, lots to take in....i guess price is big thing, but buy right, buy once.
    Thanks again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Thetford 35 gallon, since that is what my local dealer had in stock when I needed one "right then". Were I to be purchasing another one, which isn't in the plans, I would look at the Barker for the following reasons over the Thetford.
    Availability of pneumatic tires on the Barker.
    Barker has a valve on the outlet, Thetford doesn't. I found a video on how to make a camel hump with the hose to control the flow but would prefer the valve
    Barker has a metal handle where my Thetford is plastic and feels flimsy, hasn't broken yet but won't be surprised when it does.

After seeing folks struggle with a 2 wheeled "stool bus", I would only recommend a 4 wheeled version.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast