User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Evening all, we are going in our first excursion to Beaver Lake in Roger's AR mid July and it will be a "no sewer" adventure. I am wanting to buy a portable waste tank and I wanted to know with all ya'lls vast knowledge what tank you like, what tank to stay away from and on and on.....I know prices vary a lot.

Thanks to all.
    Ray,
    We camp Beaver lake at least 15 times per year. If you are at at COE campground, they all have shower/bath houses as well. Depending on how many is in your group you should easily get four to five days before needing to dump and could probably go longer if utilizing the shower/bath houses.

It is extremely hot here right now and not sure it will cool down by mid July. We will be at Dam Site River in July as well.

Enjoy your excursion.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Grey on the ground? In many, many places that will net you a hefty fine and getting banned if caught. Plenty of the soaps, mouthwash, and toothpaste residuals along with grease and fats are not good for ecosystem health. In these parts, if caught dumping to ground in a private campground, not only does it affect you as the offender but the campground owners gets dinged too.
    Thanks Geo, will NOT do that then.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Ray,
    We camp Beaver lake at least 15 times per year. If you are at at COE campground, they all have shower/bath houses as well. Depending on how many is in your group you should easily get four to five days before needing to dump and could probably go longer if utilizing the shower/bath houses.

It is extremely hot here right now and not sure it will cool down by mid July. We will be at Dam Site River in July as well.

Enjoy your excursion.
    Thanks Geoff, we will be at Horseshoe Bend COE 11-15th.
    Everything will probably be ok, just nervous being first time without dump at site.
    I have lots to learn.
    Stop and say hello or tell me where you will be.

Thanks for your service.
    Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I would recommend is looking into a rv macerator pump. This has been a dump station game changer for us. We have the flowjet and now I leave our camco tote in the back of the truck and don't worry about where the dump station is or the condition of the park roads. Additionally when we're leaving on a Sunday I usually make a run late Saturday so we can avoid the typical Sunday rig back-up line at the dump station.

Gary & Mary Pruett (RET & Full Time)
    2020 RLS303
    2500 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evening all, we are going in our first excursion to Beaver Lake in Roger's AR mid July and it will be a "no sewer" adventure. I am wanting to buy a portable waste tank and I wanted to know with all ya'lls vast knowledge what tank you like, what tank to stay away from and on and on.....I know prices vary a lot.

Thanks to all.
    I have an older Barker 25 gallon tank with 4 wheels and thegate valve on the side discharge... I don't believe they make that model anymore but it's just like the Barker 32 gallon tank. Anyway we only take it on certain trips and it fits nicely in the rear of the truck bed.

This past April while staying at a Pa State Park with no sewer hookups I decided to empty one tank full of black water to be certain we would make it the last few days. My 2 buddies we camp with decided that they would do likewise (with my tank) so the both helped and learned. I filled the tank with black water hooked it on my truck and headed down the road around the bend and over a metal grate bridge to the dump station. Two small RVs ahead of us so we had to wait about 15 minutes. When it was our turn I pulled up and walked around the rear of my truck and low and behold the tank was gone! We stood there dumbfounded, looked around and saw it lying upsidedown halfway down the hillside of the creek we just crossed! Here it came off my ball going around the last turn, went between the wooden posts that are about 6'apart flipped over and slid about 20' down an embankment. I got lucky, it didn't spill and the only damage was a cracked plastic hub on one of the front wheels. As my brother in-law and I flipped it over and pulled it up the embankment our other buddy shouted out we looked just like the Griswolds in National Lampoon's Family Vacation! We all had a good laugh later on and learned to really secure the tote tank to the hitch on the truck!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    One thing I would recommend is looking into a rv macerator pump. This has been a dump station game changer for us. We have the flowjet and now I leave our camco tote in the back of the truck and don't worry about where the dump station is or the condition of the park roads. Additionally when we're leaving on a Sunday I usually make a run late Saturday so we can avoid the typical Sunday rig back-up line at the dump station.

Gary & Mary Pruett (RET & Full Time)
    2020 RLS303
    2500 Duramax
    We to have the macerator pump, and do as you do, with a 42 gallon Barker tote. Some of the NPS campgrounds on the OBX have the dump station away from the campground and down a highway, not ideal for towing at 5MPH in a 55MPH limit zone. Plus the tote can easily be dumped and rinsed from 3 feet of the ground.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Captcolour, don't understand why not.....isn't it mainly used for black?
    Can't you put grey on the ground?
    Like Geo said, no gray on the ground. I don't want to have to try to clean the tote if I used it for the black tank. Even with all of the rinsing, don't want to deal with it. Gray fills up a lot faster so that is all I would likely need the tote for (hoping anyway!).
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an old Thetford 28 gal (12 years?) and one thing I really like about it is the built-in float indicator. When it fills enough, the float hits the air holes and stops the outflow. I close the RV valves and press the float down. That lets what’s in the drain pipe/hose after the RV valve drain the rest of the way into the tank, no spillage when I unhook.

It’s on its last legs, been repaired once, and I’m ogling the Rhino with the side valve. I just haven’t seen anyone with that float valve feature.

There are some worrisome negative reviews of the Rhino on Amazon. Seems like some people get some fragile ones. How are y’all’s Rhinos holding up?

The Thetford model is evidently discontinued. I can’t find anything like it.
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdburgerjr View Post
    There are some worrisome negative reviews of the Rhino on Amazon. Seems like some people get some fragile ones. How are y’all’s Rhinos holding up?
    Still perfect. 3 years old
    Likely the bad reviews are from people who don’t know how to care for things
    Don’t leave them in the sun and leave the vent cap open so it doesn’t expand

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all.
    Ray,
    Lots of good advice. I fall into the no-tote category. Without exception, my grey tanks fill first with the black tank typically 1/2 - 2/3 full. I find the best tote to be the trailer on wheels, especially of you are at a Coe park with a dump station. When I stay at Hickory Creek Park, connecting, moving, parking and disconnecting takes about 1 1/2 hours. No mess, fuss or spillage. My recommendation is to try it before investing $150 in to a tote that has to be moved with you, cleaned and then stored during your trip and after.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast