Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator questions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    Rob ours is a Samsung 18 cf. it is very quiet. If you set it up with an inverter it would run while you are on the road off your batteries.
    Rich
    Hey Rich,

Looking at converting the Norcold 2118 to the Samsung RF18... assuming that's what you got. It's going into a 2021 GD 397TH, what depth did you get, they have two options, counter and full depth. I have 3 200mAh deep cycle batteries in parallel and a Victron battery minder. I read somewhere this fridge has a built-in inverter? Or will I need to buy one of these too? How do I ensure my truck is actually charging my batteries when driving?

https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...f18hfenbsg-us/

Thanks,
    Jon

(Moved from an old thread which will be closed. Rob)
    Last edited by Second Chance; 06-09-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Samsung residential refrigerators do not have a built-in inverter. The counter-depth refrigerators are about all that will fit in an RV, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The Samsung residential refrigerators do not have a built-in inverter. The counter-depth refrigerators are about all that will fit in an RV, too.

Rob
    I would not recommend a Samsung. My new RV (purchased May 2021) came with one that has not worked properly since day one. I contacted Samsung to have it serviced and they said there is no service center in my area even though I don't live out in the country away from civilization. They offered me $950 as an alternative to fixing it. They have been very difficult with which to deal. I'll probably end up taking it to an RV dealer and then not have my new RV for a couple of months while they deal with fixing it.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve found these guys since starting thing thread, I’m thinking about installing their cooling unit replacement into my Norcold. It’s a dual compressor unit that runs on 12volts. I can keep the 4 door this way.

https://jc-refrigeration.com/

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecruzer79 View Post
    I’ve found these guys since starting thing thread, I’m thinking about installing their cooling unit replacement into my Norcold. It’s a dual compressor unit that runs on 12volts. I can keep the 4 door this way.

https://jc-refrigeration.com/
    That system has an excellent reputation. Several on the forum have done it and are very happy.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015