Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SF-25Q furnace problems

We have a 2020 imagine 22mle and on our 2nd trip camping with it the heat stopped working. It ignites the burner 3 times then locks out. I pulled it out and checked everything, removed the burner, checked the spark/ flame sense gap, good ground, sail switch, even tried holding the pin connector to the board for good connection, same thing again and again. Im a 24 year hvac technician and dont know of any way to check flame sense signal on a single spark/ sense flame rod. I gave up to darkness last night. Tonight i removed it to then reconnect the gas line and see what the burner is looking like through peep hole and now the motor will not run. The board would click but not send 12 volts out to the motor. If i remove the wire to the motor i have 11 volts coming out of the board. I jumped 12 volts to the motor and it blew the fuse in the thermostat. Was the motor going bad and messed up my control board.. or if i replace the motor, will the board work. Parts are not cheap. Hopeful someone has some insight. Thx.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the motor free spin by hand? Sometimes they can get bound up by dust or critters. This happened on a friend's camper, furnace would keep blowing fuses. We pulled the furnace and broke the motor free by hand and everything worked fine after that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Motor spins freely. I ohm checked it and isnt an open winding.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PANDA-IN-OR View Post
    Tonight i removed it to ...now the motor will not run. .
    When I was playing with my 35Q the power wire to the motor was really short, I kept pulling it free. I eventually added and extensions to it. Then, you have another switch called the limiter switch. It's designed to shut down if the temp gets too hot in the furnace, but, if it goes bad, then it shows too hot all the time and will cause your furnace to turn off after about 1 minute of running.

I am pretty sure at one time I jumped the motor terminal off of a car battery to test the motor, I can't say I would recommend that, I sometimes do stupid stuff and get away with it.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran a wire from the battery with a 3 amp inline fuse to the motor and it blew the fuse. I heard back from Suburban / Airxel and they said take it to an RV repair shop and they will pay the parts and labor costs to repair it since its less than 2 years old. Sooo soonest they could look at it is July 21st. I'll post what they find.