User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disconnecting Ceiling Lights on Imagine MLE?

My wife goes to bed before I do. The Imagine has those 2 ceiling lights right over the bed. Even when she is not sleeping we really don't need those lights. I thought I could just remove the plastic lens and disconnect the wires going to the LED element ... but when I pull down on the lens the whole light pulls down (just a little) and seems to be spring loaded into the ceiling. Has anyone tried this? Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guessing they're simple puck lights. You need to keep pulling down until the springs clear the ceiling. Be carfull of the springs as they'll snap back and if your fingers are near them they'll get snapped.
    Depending on how GD wired the lights the wires will need to be disconnected.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Guessing they're simple puck lights. You need to keep pulling down until the springs clear the ceiling. Be carfull of the springs as they'll snap back and if your fingers are near them they'll get snapped.
    Depending on how GD wired the lights the wires will need to be disconnected.
    I was hoping that plastic lens would come off and I could just disconnect the LCD. Do you think there is a way to disconnect the springs? When I pull down on the light the springs produce a lot of tension. I don't think I could disconnect the wires while pulling the light down against the tension of those springs.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The light needs to be pulled out all the way. This is something like what you may have. As you can see the springs lay flat after the light's removed.
    https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Lighting...cs/CE56FR.html

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could just disconnect one of the wires on the light switch.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming there's only one set of lights on the switch, thats an easy idea.