User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking Nautilus panel

Hello - I am new to the forum and new to owning a Grand Design Momentum 328G. I purchased and received the 5th wheel a few months ago and we are now getting it ready for our first trip. I live in Michigan and the trailer was winterized by the dealer up until today. I put the anode rob into the hot water tank. Turned all the "switches" to the their appropriate pace for a city water connection. Connected a pressure regulator to the city water connection and then connected my home. I turn on the spicket and water started coming out of the low point drain tubes. If I point the handles on the low point drains (blue and red) down the water pours right out. If I turn them up the water stills comes out but not in a steady stream. The red side has water also coming from the fitting on the left side (opposite side of handle). Water does come out of the faucets (it was pink so it was actually winterized). but I cannot get the water to stop coming from the bottom of these tubes. The hot water tank has filled. It sounds like water is flowing somewhere from the city water connection, like it is filling the fresh tank but it is not. I also cannot get the shower to come on. Not sure if the two issues are connected or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Images of issue

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210610_193155e.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	34866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210610_193148e.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	34867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210610_193208e.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	34868

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhurlburt View Post
    Hello - I am new to the forum and new to owning a Grand Design Momentum 328G. I purchased and received the 5th wheel a few months ago and we are now getting it ready for our first trip. I live in Michigan and the trailer was winterized by the dealer up until today. I put the anode rob into the hot water tank. Turned all the "switches" to the their appropriate pace for a city water connection. Connected a pressure regulator to the city water connection and then connected my home. I turn on the spicket and water started coming out of the low point drain tubes. If I point the handles on the low point drains (blue and red) down the water pours right out. If I turn them up the water stills comes out but not in a steady stream. The red side has water also coming from the fitting on the left side (opposite side of handle). Water does come out of the faucets (it was pink so it was actually winterized). but I cannot get the water to stop coming from the bottom of these tubes. The hot water tank has filled. It sounds like water is flowing somewhere from the city water connection, like it is filling the fresh tank but it is not. I also cannot get the shower to come on. Not sure if the two issues are connected or not.
    Okay, looking at your picture, you have water flowing from the left side of the red (hot) low-point drain valve, this is not normal. Your valve is bad and needs to be replaced that is why the water is flowing. The cold water valve is bad as well, both valves will need to be replaced.

Now, how do you save your trip. You could call a mobile RV repairman to disconnect the valves and temporarily plug them from the back or you might be able to get a plumber to do the same thing for you. If you are handy you can get the PEX crimping tool at Home Depot or Lowes and a couple of 1/2" PEX plugs and work behind the Nautilus to temporarily plug those pipes.

As far as your hot water tank filling up, sometimes you need to open the pressure relief valve on the tank to release the air pressure in the tank to get it to fill.

As far as the flowing water goes, I don't think you can properly acess that until you get the low-point drains to stop leaking.

Good Luck and Good Plumbing.

PS: have a Great Trip.

PPS: I believe that the low-point drains were not winterized and that is the cause of your problems.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SolarPoweredRV
    I am having this EXACT same issue! But it's not due to winterizing. A few days ago, we came home to a FLOODED pass through! A red line popped off the water heater (see attached photo, dotted red line indicating where pluming line SHOULD BE).
    We were able to personally repair the busted line with a few trips to Home Depot and a fancy new crimping tool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic4.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	776.5 KB 
ID:	39360

Now, our Red/Hot low point line is dripping a steady stream of HOT water.

What we've tried:
    - no matter how we move the red valve on the low point line, it drips
    - turned the red dial on the nautilus panel sideways (assuming this is our hot water bypass???)
    - it only stops dripping when water at the podium is turned off
    - Tried to follow instructions regarding releasing T&P pressure. When I lift this T&P valve, open a hot water faucet, nothing happens at all. Except I have to do this while wearing an oven mitt! LOL

I have no idea what I'm doing... but I'm willing to try given clear directions.

What to do?
    Last edited by lcallander; 03-11-2022 at 07:57 PM. Reason: photo didn't show up
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel Dually
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GKR
    1 Chocolate Lab, 1 Puggle
    We're like kids, but with credit cards and truck keys!