User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dometic fridge

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And finally, then switch installed inconspicuously inside the pantry...

Rocker Switch: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078MR97Z3...roduct_details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5378.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	35052
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    And finally, then switch installed inconspicuously inside the pantry...

Amazing job, thanks for sharing the info, parts links, and video!

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the fan(s) replaced in a Dometic fridge that vents from the roof instead of an upper side vent? I suspect that the fridge would have to be pulled from the inside.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post

Amazing job, thanks for sharing the info, parts links, and video!

you bet....that's what the forums are all about.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    How is the fan(s) replaced in a Dometic fridge that vents from the roof instead of an upper side vent? I suspect that the fridge would have to be pulled from the inside.
    Most likely or you could leave it and just mount one or 2 fans in the roof vent for added airflow...
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to install a couple of titan fans on the upper vent of a Dometic 12cf fridge. I have to cut & modify the upper vent to make sure the fans exhaust all the hot air possible.

I want to have a second "backup" vent door in case my modification goes south. We all know how that goes.

My part number is 3109350.065 and the vent only measurements are 21 1/16 x 13". I have been all over the WWW and cannot find this vent door anywhere. GD doesn't show it and the places I've looked imply it isn't make anymore and has been replaced. The replacement requires removing the whole frame - something I really don't want to do if not necessary.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can get a 3109350.065 vent cover? Thanks.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone, just finished my fridge mod and wanted to share the parts list. I have an 2021 Imagine 2670rk. It came with a single outside fan to help with cooling, but after just 9 months it was already noisy, very audible on the inside. So primary goal was to replace that, and went ahead and mounted a couple of fans internally while I was at it.

Sourced these from Coolerguys.com, they had the IP57/IP67 fans and all the accessory parts, plus shipping was cheap.

1x Dual pack (2) 80mm Black Fan Finger grills with screws $ 1.99
    2x Mechatronics 80mm (80x80x25) 12v IP57 Quiet Fan F8025L12B-FSR-EM $ 19.95
    2x 3pin Fan to Bare Wire Cable $ .75
    1x Coolerguys Fan Mount / Stand Bracket Kit (Black Metal) $ 4.95
    2x Coolerguys 120mm (120x120x25) Low Speed IP67 Dual Ball Bearing 12v Fan CG12025L12-IP67 $ 16.95

The 3pin cable wasn't really necessary, but it was cheap and made it easier to keep positive and negative separate.

With my setup, I already had a thermostat attached outside, so didn't need to purchase that. Only other part that was nice to have are some handy wire splicers from Amazon.

Wago 2 Port (10) 3 Port (10) 5 Port (5) 221 Splicing Connector, Lever-Nut Assortment Pocket Pack for All Wire 12-24 AWG

Everything mounted pretty easily. The outside fan had 12v already wired to the thermostat, so that was a simple replacement. The 120mm fans fit fine (perfect size actually) and are silent.

For the inside fans, I didn't want to take up fridge space, and my fridge has a nice opening between the fins and the drain pan that was perfect place to mount them (fans are waterproof so no issue with condensation affecting them). My fridge also has an inside light with constant power available, so instead of running the wiring down the drain I tapped into the light. Covered the wiring from the light with white electrical tape to make it look nice. I couldn't come up with a truly elegant way to attach the fans to the fins (alligator clips were $13 on Amazon, too rich for me), so used some electrical wire and looped it over the fin, mounted the fans underneath, and ran the wire through the fan holes with a knot on the end. They are silent, secure and move a surprising amount of air. If I was going to do it again I think I would actually get 3 fans instead of 2, since I do get a little frost where the fans aren't blowing. 80mm fan size was a good fit for my fridge.

I neglected to take any outside pictures, but here is one of the inside.

Name:	20210812_215037316_iOS (2).jpg 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	36019

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim View Post
    Hey everyone, just finished my fridge mod and wanted to share the parts list. I have an 2021 Imagine 2670rk. It came with a single outside fan to help with cooling, but after just 9 months it was already noisy, very audible on the inside. So primary goal was to replace that, and went ahead and mounted a couple of fans internally while I was at it.

Sourced these from Coolerguys.com, they had the IP57/IP67 fans and all the accessory parts, plus shipping was cheap.

1x Dual pack (2) 80mm Black Fan Finger grills with screws $ 1.99
    2x Mechatronics 80mm (80x80x25) 12v IP57 Quiet Fan F8025L12B-FSR-EM $ 19.95
    2x 3pin Fan to Bare Wire Cable $ .75
    1x Coolerguys Fan Mount / Stand Bracket Kit (Black Metal) $ 4.95
    2x Coolerguys 120mm (120x120x25) Low Speed IP67 Dual Ball Bearing 12v Fan CG12025L12-IP67 $ 16.95

The 3pin cable wasn't really necessary, but it was cheap and made it easier to keep positive and negative separate.

With my setup, I already had a thermostat attached outside, so didn't need to purchase that. Only other part that was nice to have are some handy wire splicers from Amazon.

Wago 2 Port (10) 3 Port (10) 5 Port (5) 221 Splicing Connector, Lever-Nut Assortment Pocket Pack for All Wire 12-24 AWG

Everything mounted pretty easily. The outside fan had 12v already wired to the thermostat, so that was a simple replacement. The 120mm fans fit fine (perfect size actually) and are silent.

For the inside fans, I didn't want to take up fridge space, and my fridge has a nice opening between the fins and the drain pan that was perfect place to mount them (fans are waterproof so no issue with condensation affecting them). My fridge also has an inside light with constant power available, so instead of running the wiring down the drain I tapped into the light. Covered the wiring from the light with white electrical tape to make it look nice. I couldn't come up with a truly elegant way to attach the fans to the fins (alligator clips were $13 on Amazon, too rich for me), so used some electrical wire and looped it over the fin, mounted the fans underneath, and ran the wire through the fan holes with a knot on the end. They are silent, secure and move a surprising amount of air. If I was going to do it again I think I would actually get 3 fans instead of 2, since I do get a little frost where the fans aren't blowing. 80mm fan size was a good fit for my fridge.

I neglected to take any outside pictures, but here is one of the inside.

Name:	20210812_215037316_iOS (2).jpg 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	36019
    Thanks for the write up and product links. But more importantly, how does the fridge perform after these modifications?
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my two fans broke off the back of my 303RLS. Found it when I opened the bottom vent looking for a water leak. Opened the top vent and can’t access where the fan is attached because of a wood panel. The fridge has to be pulled out to replace it. I’m not sure how hard it is to pull out the fridge, but has anyone get some knowledge on that or advice. I may end up waiting until the end of the season and bring it in since it’s still under warranty if it’s a hassle. Thanks.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the write up and product links. But more importantly, how does the fridge perform after these modifications?
    Well I went from 115 degrees in the PNW heat wave to Wyoming and Colorado where it is now a high in the 70’s. I did the mod after leaving the high heat though so can’t yet say how it much it will change under those conditions.

However, I’m pleased to report the wife is very happy and says our produce is staying fresher much longer. She says it’s the first time we have gone through a full tub of arugula without it spoiling before we finish it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast