User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adding 2nd a/c unit

Anyone done it? Our unit is wired for it but bought off the lot it it didn't come with it. Just wondering what the cost is and how long it normally takes. Yes, I know, all the shops are swamped but just a ball park will do. Thanks
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy install once you get the new unit on the roof.... Ordered mine from Rvupgrades.com for about $900...+ inside panel... installed it my self in about 2-3 hours.... including removing the vent and sealant... A Mobile Tech should be able to handle this...
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hardest part is removing the sealant from the vent. You just have to go slow.The AC fits the framed vent space, the wiring is already in the roof and the thermostat wire is in the wall. You just drill a hole above the light switch and fish it out. I hired a mobil tech to help me. Money well spent.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobnColo View Post
    Anyone done it? Our unit is wired for it but bought off the lot it it didn't come with it. Just wondering what the cost is and how long it normally takes. Yes, I know, all the shops are swamped but just a ball park will do. Thanks
    I would agree with others that the install is pretty easy if your unit is pre-wired. I installed one on my vintage Airstream and it was pretty easy. The hardest part was getting it onto the roof. Of course our Airstream is much lower than our 2970's. The hardest part would be getting the unit onto the roof. The units weight about 100 lbs. As @BobLandry did if you are not able to install yourself you could order a unit (if you can find one) and use an RV Mobile Tech and not have to wait on the RV dealers to open up a spot.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tech charged me $360 and he was there about two hours. He also had a lift(Home Depot rental) that was $70 of that and well worth the cost. It's the safest way to get one on the roof. Wiring is straight forward. The cable suplied by GD matched the colors of the thermostat wire, so that's a no-brainer. I did have to connect the thermostat gray wire to the white one in the cable. This thermostat did not control heat. The 12V wire supplied in the ceiling is not open ended so don't try to pull it all out looking for an end to connect to. Just splice into it.
    A mobil tech is going to be as cheap , if not cheaper, than your dealer, plus, he will be focused on your job instead of blasting through it to get to the next one. I don't set the bar very high for dealerships. I've seen them do some pretty shoddy work.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 Reflection 337RLS did not come with a bedroom A/C (blame COVID)...the one we have is a Coleman Mach 15. Is the same model typically used in the bedroom or is it a smaller unit? I was going to contact Grand Design with my coach serial number to ask what would have they installed at the factory. thanks in advance for any assistance.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 2nd Coleman Mach 15 for the bedroom is an upgrade on the factory order spec sheet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk