Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water issues

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And don't run the Microwave during A/C, even one of them. These little micro's pull a lot of power, found out the hard way and stalled out my gen set. Check for a dropped out pin on the happy jack, they are held together with pins and cotter keys.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke611 View Post
    This is only our second trip with our 31g. I'm having to use the tank water, as there isn't a water hookup. I have water running from this hose, and I don't know how to stop it. Would anyone like to help a newbie?

Also, we can't run both ACs without kicking a breaker. I wonder if the 30 amp hookup isn't supplying 30 amps.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Your experience water loss while traveling (siphoning of water from tank) . There are may threads on this and several fixes - the simple being a shark valve on the line. However - YOU MUST REMEMBER TO OPEN IT WHEN FILLING OR IN USE OR DAMAGE TO THE TANK CAN OCCUR.

This was my solution for my 5th wheel, but something similar can be done to your TT. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ght=water+loss

Also as you unit is new discus this with your dealer as GD has a fix available.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Luke611

We recently purchased a Reflection 315rlts (38 ft) with two AC's.
    The first trip out to a state park, they ask us how many AC's we had.
    One is a 15k and the other a 13.5k so they assigned us a site with 50amp hookup.
    So, probably as a rule of thump, if your running 2 AC's plus the frig and water heater - you'll need 50 amp hookup.
    Ralf & Cheryl
    USAF - Ret
    2020 Ram Megacab Dually Night Edition 4x4, 6.7 Cummins HD, Exh Brake, AISIN 6sp Auto, 3.73 gears
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS - Ultimate Power - Peace of Mind - Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Packages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I only have a 30 amp hookup.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2018 F-250 crew cab 6.7 Powerstroke
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 349m
    https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont understand that - our RV came with two ACs and was setup for 50 amp - I would ask the dealer about that.
    Ralf & Cheryl
    USAF - Ret
    2020 Ram Megacab Dually Night Edition 4x4, 6.7 Cummins HD, Exh Brake, AISIN 6sp Auto, 3.73 gears
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS - Ultimate Power - Peace of Mind - Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Packages

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRam View Post
    dont understand that - our RV came with two ACs and was setup for 50 amp - I would ask the dealer about that.
    The only thing I can think of is it came from the factory with one ac and the second was added.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    The only thing I can think of is it came from the factory with one ac and the second was added.
    Makes no sense. My Reflection is 50A and only 1 AC. It's 50 because it is setup to have a 2nd AC installed in the BR.

Based on the Earth that was moved under the RV, that looks like the gate valve on the fresh water is open. Mine was left open by the dealer following prep. My overflow on my old Imagine never left a tennis ball sized dent in the Earth.
    2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali
    Equalizer hitch (used Blue Ox before)
    Reflections 312bhts

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    Makes no sense. My Reflection is 50A and only 1 AC. It's 50 because it is setup to have a 2nd AC installed in the BR.

Based on the Earth that was moved under the RV, that looks like the gate valve on the fresh water is open. Mine was left open by the dealer following prep. My overflow on my old Imagine never left a tennis ball sized dent in the Earth.
    That’s what I’m seeing too. Is that white handle pushed all the way in?
    Current 2022 Imagine 2800BH
    TV 2020 F350 SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Past 2021 Reflection 31MB
    2018 Imagine 2800BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post

If the gate valve were open even a little bit he would lose all of his water with or without using the pump. That valve is on a fitting on the bottom of the tank and would have drained his water out completely. The picture shows the blue fresh water overflow pipe, the large gate valved fresh water dump pipe, and a white pipe which is most likely a low point drain line. The low point drain line probably has a quarter turn valve on it that is open at least part way.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 06-26-2021 at 11:17 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    If the gate valve were open even a little bit he would lose all of his water with or without using the pump. That valve is on a fitting on the bottom of the tank and would have drained his water out completely. The picture shows the blue fresh water overflow pipe, the large gate valved fresh water dump pipe, and a white pipe which is most likely a low point drain line. The low point drain line probably has a quarter turn valve on it that is open at least part way.
    Exactly. And he said he has running water underneath. We are all guessing. He isn't entirely salient in describing. Running water just sounds more like the valve. Water pouring after many minutes filling is overflow. Your guess is as good as mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast