Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water issues

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not being able to see the ends of the hoses. Seems there is an end cap missing from the hose that's poring out water when pump is running. It's the low point drain. The other hose is the overflow for fresh water. The GD website shows only 1 AC and 30 amp service. Not showing option for 2nd AC. There's no way, without installing Soft Starts in each AC, to run both. Add in the the water heater and refrigerator and a Coffee Pot your at the limit or over 30 amp service.
    2020 Chevy Crew Cab RST
    2020 Transend 30RBS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a difference a circuit breaker made.

My dealership reasoned that the circuit breaker may be bad, so they ordered and installed a different one. I presently have both a/cs running, and both the fridge & water heater on electric on my 30 amp circuit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2018 F-250 crew cab 6.7 Powerstroke
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 349m
    https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke611 View Post
    What a difference a circuit breaker made.

My dealership reasoned that the circuit breaker may be bad, so they ordered and installed a different one. I presently have both a/cs running, and both the fridge & water heater on electric on my 30 amp circuit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    You can not SAFELY run all of that on a 30amp circuit! Even if the breaker holds you are running way too much current through the cord, plugs, and receptacle (home or campground... soon you will have a meltdown and hopefully it won't be at the receptacle on your rig and start a fire. Seen it happen just a few years ago, saw an RV across from our loop with a small "orange glow" on the side of the RV and I just thought it was a lighted power cord. Later that evening it burst into flames while the owners were sitting around their campfire completely oblivious to what was going on on the backside of their rig. Lucky for them a neighboring couple were close by to alert them or their RV would surely have been totalled!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    You can not SAFELY run all of that on a 30amp circuit! Even if the breaker holds you are running way too much current through the cord, plugs, and receptacle (home or campground... soon you will have a meltdown and hopefully it won't be at the receptacle on your rig and start a fire. Seen it happen just a few years ago, saw an RV across from our loop with a small "orange glow" on the side of the RV and I just thought it was a lighted power cord. Later that evening it burst into flames while the owners were sitting around their campfire completely oblivious to what was going on on the backside of their rig. Lucky for them a neighboring couple were close by to alert them or their RV would surely have been totalled!
    You would think he’d have a meltdown within 20 minutes with all that running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123