User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

momentum 21G vs 25G

Im really torn between these two units. I originally planned on getting the 21 as its just me, my GSD and a 2017 Yamaha Wolverine. I do plan on boondocking more than traditional hookups, and the positive there for the 25 is it comes factory with solar as the 21 does not.

Both have the same garage space more or less, but the 25 has a bigger bedroom and more storage.

Does anyone have insights into the pros/cons of these 2 models or general opinions based on my intended use?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure solar prep is standard on both the 21G and 25G, but the solar panel and inverter is an option for both. The factory 300 watt panel isn't a lot of power for boondocking, but I guess how much solar someone needs depends on how much power they want to use.

The 25G has an outside kitchen, more counter space and more storage in the kitchen. The outside kitchen has a stove and small refrigerator. There is no sink in the outside kitchen.

The kitchen slide out on the 25G gives you more counter space and more floor space. The extra slideout is also something else that can fail.

The 25G weighs 1500 lbs more than the 21G. If you are going to be towing it around a lot, then the 21G will be easier to tow and park.

I chose the 25G because I wanted the extra counter space and I plan on using the outside kitchen for storage. I removed the stove and refrigerator from the outside kitchen without ever using them. I didn't go larger than the 25G because the larger models just include more built in furniture that I wouldn't use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

momentum 21G vs 25G

We have the 21G and it has the solar package and Onan genset. We were torn between the 21 and 25 as well but chose the 21 as our camping style is more backcountry. I wanted a tough trailer short enough in length to get into some more remote spots. For a short trailer the wide body and tall interior height make it feel much bigger than it is. We’ve found it has ample storage space as well but it does force you to think....”do I really need that”. We have 3 kids and it fits us all great. Plus love the big tanks on it. Even though it’s short you feel it when towing, especially loaded up. We’ve always had big travel trailers and have been very happy with this one. Whatever you choose these G-Class units are the best out there...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64332710710__80E1A5E5-0791-4DA1-AC6B-7256DFE29472.fullsizerender.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	34960

2020 GMC HD3500 Denali Duramax SRW
    2021 Momentum 21G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with 21GFamily, dispersed camping is easier in a shorter foot print. With its height and width our 21G can be a challenge when it comes to dodging tree limbs and twisting dirt roads in Colorado mountains. Adding length would have me guessing weather to even try some forest roads. Beyond that, we drive a gas powered 3/4 ton tow vehicle and total load is important to us. Fully loaded with RZR, 100 gallons of water, 30 gallons of fuel and misc. food and gear we are only 400 pounds short of the 10 K limit. Not a problem until you climb Monarch or Wolf Creek passes and your tranny oil temps start to climb so we went lighter. We love our 21G for both boondocking and plug in parks and it is more than the 2 of us need. By the way, brochure tongue weight doesn't include generator weight as it is an option. I also found that I had to parallel in another battery as the background on board systems you don't see use a lot of power. Solar might keep up, but you would need a big footprint of panel. Either model you will love your new toy!