Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add Water While Dry Camping

How do you add water to the fresh water tank while dry camping when the gravity fill is back in the pass-through and can't really be "poured" into? In my 15FLE, the gravity fill valve is about a foot back in the pass through on the far right. Do you just use a really long flexible funnel? Definitely a two-person job then. Just curious if anyone has found a really efficient way to accomplish this.
    2021 15FLE
    2004 F-250 super duty diesel

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stacyann0810 View Post
    How do you add water to the fresh water tank while dry camping when the gravity fill is back in the pass-through and can't really be "poured" into? In my 15FLE, the gravity fill valve is about a foot back in the pass through on the far right. Do you just use a really long flexible funnel? Definitely a two-person job then. Just curious if anyone has found a really efficient way to accomplish this.
    What were you going to use to refill your tank

Water cans?

You could get a 12 volt pump to pump it from a source through a garden hose. Really cheap and easy
    Or even a pump for a cordless drill

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got a 30 gallon bladder that fits in the bed of my truck and wired a Shurflo pump with a long 12 volt extension and hose fittings. I just pump the water into my holding tank. Makes life very easy. Photos are similar to what I have.
    Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shurflo.jpeg   bladder.jpg  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    What were you going to use to refill your tank

Water cans?

You could get a 12 volt pump to pump it from a source through a garden hose. Really cheap and easy
    Or even a pump for a cordless drill

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    In our previous camper, the gravity fill opening was outside on the side of the camper. So yes, we used large 6-gallon jugs to pour directly into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stacyann0810 View Post
    In our previous camper, the gravity fill opening was outside on the side of the camper. So yes, we used large 6-gallon jugs to pour directly into it.
    I second the 12volt pump idea. I've done that for years when dry camping with a bunch of people who needed showers. Badly. We used 55 gal drums in my truck for extra water. The pump and a hose made it a breeze.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 20 gallon barrel that I use with a 12v pump. On our trip this week I forgot my pump. We always have a couple 5 gallon blue jugs that we keep outside so I used them along with my spare (unused) fuel pump to pump 20 gal into my tank. Worked great and I think it'll be my go to solution. The pump I used was similar to this. You should be able to get them at Harbor Freight for about $8.
    https://www.amazon.com/Zilmen-Batter...5694702&sr=8-5
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry 4 five gallon jugs and pump the water in with a pump I bought it at Northern Tools and Equipment that runs on two D cells batteries. Get close to 100 gallons per battery set. Small, cheap, works good, last long time.

ETA: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...7825_200407825
    Last edited by BobinICT; 07-08-2021 at 07:37 AM.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have used one of these 12v pumps for a few years, works great; fits in a 7 gal water jug and only takes a few mins to pump out:

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Sub...4-135149aa9081
    Dennis & Lydia
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
    (Golf clubs as necessary)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We carry a decent Walmart cooler that is a 77qt model. It has a garden hose output and holds right at 20 gallons of water. I used a spare 3gpm 12v water pump and wired it to the hot and ground of a spare 7 way trailer plug. I put a valve on the cooler before filling with water, make sure you crack open the lid of the cooler and then plug it into the pickup and you are pumping water. I figured that we almost always have a cooler with us and the pump and trailer plug are spares that we carry around if we need one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water Transfer.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	35954