User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 376th Momentum belly sagging!!

Noticed this today, the bottom plastic covering is in tact, But it is sagging really bad.. Has anyone ran into this and should I be concerned?

Clint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CBF2D6E3-1C6D-4FCA-B2C9-5FD57DD06B91.jpg   D0EE1256-B2C5-430F-A86C-AD0E190D66F6.jpg   4D19113B-FEC8-4A11-87BA-9A59F3F81B1E.jpg  
    2018 Grand Design 376TH MOMENTUM!!!!
    2018 F350 FORD King-Ranch 4x4 DRW 6.7L Turbo Diesel 8 foot bed
    Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover, B&W Companion OEM 5th-Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs, RVi Tire Patrol TPMS
    2 Old Town Sportsman w/ trolling motor kayaks for me and the wifey...

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Noticed this today, the bottom plastic covering is in tact, But it is sagging really bad.. Has anyone ran into this and should I be concerned?

Clint
    Push up on it and check to feel if there's weight above it or sloshing (make sure it's not fluid building up would be my primary concern). Could always drop it to make sure and then re-attach. Could be just some fasteners failed... could be worse. Better to find out sooner than later.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be pulling it down tomorrow, I don't feel anything sloshing.. We just came from a very long trip and it was raining and very very windy.. maybe the rain worked its way up there and caused it to sag... that is what I am hoping anyhow.
    2018 Grand Design 376TH MOMENTUM!!!!
    2018 F350 FORD King-Ranch 4x4 DRW 6.7L Turbo Diesel 8 foot bed
    Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover, B&W Companion OEM 5th-Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs, RVi Tire Patrol TPMS
    2 Old Town Sportsman w/ trolling motor kayaks for me and the wifey...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No sloshing is good. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a thread I started years ago on this very subject. (and several ideas for "fix" including mine)

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...8061#post38061
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you too much about this material... lol. Fortunately, I don't supply this industry. However, it is practically all the same, and is not really meant to hang across long, unsupported spans. It will sag more and more with time and high temperature. Provided you have no leak or broken member that exacerbated this, just add support. A piece of steel angle or channel spanning and attached to the frame beam bottom flanged will take of this.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be ready when you go in. It's a mess. Wires, cables and water lines draped over trusses. An accident waiting to happen. Take your time and address all the issues you may find. Good luck it's a Pain in the.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same thing happen after driving all day in the rain...water. Punched a small hole in the coroplast at the low point and allowed it to drain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes. Check for water leaks. That could be causing the sag but not necessarly. I've supported mine in the center with stripps of aluminum angle. If you do go into the belly of the beast be ready to clean up a mess. There are wires and hoses drapped over the frame trusses everywhere, an accident waiting to happen. Good time to clean up that mess, if you go in. I even found my Black Tank falling out. Long sad story, since day one. I have mine tore appart right now. Good luck. 2018 376