Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on changing bathroom faucet. I did have to pull the sink to get nuts loose! As I suspected GD glued the nuts to the sink!!! I broke all the ears off the nuts trying to turn it off, then got my oscillating saw and cut both sides of the nut through, then had to chisel the pieces off! The adhesive was so hard it would not chisel off or sand off so I just put a bead of silicon around it and installed the new faucet!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Update on changing bathroom faucet. I did have to pull the sink to get nuts loose! As I suspected GD glued the nuts to the sink!!! I broke all the ears off the nuts trying to turn it off, then got my oscillating saw and cut both sides of the nut through, then had to chisel the pieces off! The adhesive was so hard it would not chisel off or sand off so I just put a bead of silicon around it and installed the new faucet!
    Crazy! Never seem them glued before... No good deed goes unpunished! Lol.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Crazy! Never seem them glued before... No good deed goes unpunished! Lol.
    Neither had I! I changed them on RV's before and they were not glued. Can't imagine what GD was thinking! A 15 min job turned into almost all day, after 2 trips to town! But have it done now and it looks and functions and won't have to worry about the faucet breaking and running water all over like my last trailer!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Neither had I! I changed them on RV's before and they were not glued. Can't imagine what GD was thinking! A 15 min job turned into almost all day, after 2 trips to town! But have it done now and it looks and functions and won't have to worry about the faucet breaking and running water all over like my last trailer!
    That's crazy. Must of been a new kid on the assembly line.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12