Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lights in 337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lights in 337

I just purchased a brand new 2020 1337. I did my walk-through but I don’t remember turning the lights on above the master bedroom. The night lights above the master bed are not working any help would be appreciated. I’ve checked all the fuses and they all seem to be OK
    2021 337RLS
    2021 3500HD High Country DRW with Duramax
    B and W 3710

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we assume you have cycled the on/off switches for both lights (center of the light)?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluepigs View Post
    I just purchased a brand new 2020 1337. I did my walk-through but I don’t remember turning the lights on above the master bedroom. The night lights above the master bed are not working any help would be appreciated. I’ve checked all the fuses and they all seem to be OK
    Lights over bed stop working because the wires are pulled apart under the bed when the bed slide moves. Below is info I posted about a year ago.

Check out this thread.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...440#post319440

———
    Copied from thread above.

On mine the blue outside lights stopped working shortly after we got the trailer then months later the bed lights stopped working but I never had the fuse blow because the wires pulled apart but did not short out.

How to fix.
    Remove the mattress.
    Empty the underbed storage area.
    Remove the false floor to the storage area. I removed the bed decking plywood but I think you can remove the false floor without removing the plywood.
    Under the false floor you will see the wires. The way GD puts the wires in it is only a matter of time before they get ripprd apart.

If you can tell which wires to splice back together then you are good. All of my wires were pulled apart so I did not know which wires to attach together. I had to pull the front plywood bed decking off to see which wires went to the blue lights and which wires went to the bed lights. When you put it back together you need to figure out a way to keep the slide from ripping the wires apart again. I slit the carpet and ran the wires under part of the rug then screwed them down with zip ties. Run your slide in and out while you have it apart to make sure your fix works. This is one of those things where the person building the trailer just slaps it in there and yours might have the wires run different than mine. The good news is if the wires rip apart againg you know what it is and there is nothing major that will happen except blow the fuse. I did not care about the bed lights but took it apart because I was concerned that the slideout might be impacted but no, just the lights. Not a hard fix but kind of a pain.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Lights over bed stop working because the wires are pulled apart under the bed when the bed slide moves. Below is info I posted about a year ago.

Check out this thread.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...440#post319440

———
    Copied from thread above.

On mine the blue outside lights stopped working shortly after we got the trailer then months later the bed lights stopped working but I never had the fuse blow because the wires pulled apart but did not short out.

How to fix.
    Remove the mattress.
    Empty the underbed storage area.
    Remove the false floor to the storage area. I removed the bed decking plywood but I think you can remove the false floor without removing the plywood.
    Under the false floor you will see the wires. The way GD puts the wires in it is only a matter of time before they get ripprd apart.

If you can tell which wires to splice back together then you are good. All of my wires were pulled apart so I did not know which wires to attach together. I had to pull the front plywood bed decking off to see which wires went to the blue lights and which wires went to the bed lights. When you put it back together you need to figure out a way to keep the slide from ripping the wires apart again. I slit the carpet and ran the wires under part of the rug then screwed them down with zip ties. Run your slide in and out while you have it apart to make sure your fix works. This is one of those things where the person building the trailer just slaps it in there and yours might have the wires run different than mine. The good news is if the wires rip apart againg you know what it is and there is nothing major that will happen except blow the fuse. I did not care about the bed lights but took it apart because I was concerned that the slideout might be impacted but no, just the lights. Not a hard fix but kind of a pain.

Thanks I’ll try that. Need to take the bed apart anyway because I need to install a sleep number bed when it is delivered.
    2021 337RLS
    2021 3500HD High Country DRW with Duramax
    B and W 3710