User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I went with a quick disconnect setup so that my hose had the female QD and the male ends are on the appliances. So, generally use one hose, and swap back and forth.
    I have the quick disconnect setup and then saw a quick disconnect Y fitting online and thought maybe that might be the way to go and just get a second hose. Thanks for the reply!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this Pit Boss and really like it:
    https://pitboss-grills.com/gas/200p-portable-gas-grill

I bring a 20 lb tank and use it for this and the Blackstone griddle.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Yes, ours is red though but I think the only difference is the red also comes with a griddle which we haven't used. Yet. This is the hose that we got. Pretty straight forward replaced. You replace the regulator that comes with the BBQ with this. https://www.napoleon.com/en/ca/barbe...ptor-kit-66287
    The link is for the Napaleon Canadian site but I'm sure you can get a cheat priced one on Amazon or similar.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Great... that helps bunches... I stumbled onto something that is NOT clear on the Napaleon website... the kit (66287) contains not only their 6ft hose, but also the other parts necessary to make the modification... it was confusing, so I wrote them and they confirmed that there are several parts in the kit, NOT just the hose...

With the kit installed, and not using their 6 ft hose, did you use a longer LP hose to work with your RV? If so, what hose did you use? I would like one that is between 12-20 ft in length to keep the grill away from the RV... and I would want to have a quick disconnect on both ends so I can just store it separately...

Thanks for helping me out on this!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Great... that helps bunches... I stumbled onto something that is NOT clear on the Napaleon website... the kit (66287) contains not only their 6ft hose, but also the other parts necessary to make the modification... it was confusing, so I wrote them and they confirmed that there are several parts in the kit, NOT just the hose...

With the kit installed, and not using their 6 ft hose, did you use a longer LP hose to work with your RV? If so, what hose did you use? I would like one that is between 12-20 ft in length to keep the grill away from the RV... and I would want to have a quick disconnect on both ends so I can just store it separately...

Thanks for helping me out on this!
    I'll have to check but it's either 6 or 10ft. Having a quick connect on both ends would make it a little easier to store.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup... if you used their hose, it is 6 ft... I would feel safer and it would be more convenient if it were 12-20 feet away from the camper...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks... just trying to find out what grill you are using with your low pressure connection on your RV... I would really like to order a new grill, and I want one that I can have a 12-20 ft quick connect hose (both ends) so that I can keep it away from my camper... safety first... as always...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After lots (and lots... and lots... you get the idea) I really like the idea of a Blackstone originally. Yet, after using my BIL's unit, the grease catch in the back absolutely drove me bonkers with food getting lost into the catch with my style of cooking. Then I found the Camp Chef VersaTop 2X and loved it. Then saw the price. I was willing to deal with the price, but it's out of stock for a few months per the manufacturer... I needed a grill sooner than that. So, being the Harbor Freight junkie I am (for reference) I went on an Amazon Chinese manufacturer scavenger hunt. I had decided I really liked the stove top idea and the multiple use application for when I needed it. Ended up going slightly larger than I had originally planned (figured it would spend most of its time outside any how).

Here's my setup I ordered:

VivoHome Outdoor 3-burner Stove with detachable legs (like typical Chinese stuff there's several brands but nearly all are identical). No messing around with regulators if I dont want to.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08...b_b_prod_image

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210616-201716_Samsung%20Internet.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	34987

2 Burner Camp Chef Griddle. I went with 2 burner for a few reasons. Mainly weight reduction and also having an exposed 3rd burner... having a side burner is insanely helpful. Pot, pan, warmer, etc.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...b_b_prod_image

Name:	Screenshot_20210616-202139_Samsung%20Internet.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	34989

24' quick connect hose

Grease catch I'm hoping I can get to work with my set up with little to no modifications.

Carry case for it all

Name:	Screenshot_20210616-201815_Samsung%20Internet.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	34988

Adapter to be able to have a secondary propane accessory (like propane firepit)

I spent a little less that I would have for the Camp Chef VersaTop 2X. I get a more adaptable grill (been looking at this pizza oven https://smile.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-A...p+chef+&sr=8-4 ).

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR
    Last edited by A.Texas.Yankee; 06-16-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texas Yankee... great info... and a very nice setup... pretty amazing portable kitchen you have!
    I'm trying to minimize, so am just looking for a small portable grill, maybe like the Napaleon Pro 285... but am having a difficult time finding anyone who has one that has connected a longer hose (12-20ft) with quick disconnects. I tried my Char-Broil with a longer hose... it failed because of the regulator on the grill and Char-Broil did NOT have a replacement regulator offered.... so will swap it out for one that works with a longer LP hose so I can keep the grill away from the RV a tad...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Texas Yankee... great info... and a very nice setup... pretty amazing portable kitchen you have!
    I'm trying to minimize, so am just looking for a small portable grill, maybe like the Napaleon Pro 285... but am having a difficult time finding anyone who has one that has connected a longer hose (12-20ft) with quick disconnects. I tried my Char-Broil with a longer hose... it failed because of the regulator on the grill and Char-Broil did NOT have a replacement regulator offered.... so will swap it out for one that works with a longer LP hose so I can keep the grill away from the RV a tad...
    They do have single and double burner set ups exactly like I posted above for cheaper.

I think you're over thinking it. You don't need a regulator at all for your portable grill since the trailer already has one. No need for a replacement regulator. So basically you're looking for a grill that has the ability to remove the regulator and thread a quick connect fitting in its place and run whatver length hose you need. Length of hose will not affect much until you get down to the end of the tanks and lose pressure.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure you are correct about over thinking it... the grills I have found are run by 1lb propane tanks and thus do not have a place to "screw on" a quick connect port... the Napaleon has a "conversion kit" that I can purchase that comes with a 6' hose... I can always do that, but use a longer hose that I can get from Amazon... but I do not know the specifics of the port on the Napaleon so it is hard to order the hose until I have the grill in my possession... so was hoping that someone had already done this and knows exactly what hose/fitting to purchase...

Thanks tons for all the help... it will all come together soon... and if there are other small grills folks have used, I am not tied to Napaleon.... just want something that works well and easy to clean/setup....
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast