User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a Nexgrill(Costc about $130) and use a hose from my 7 gal tank on my 5th wheel. 12 ft hose with standard quick connect. I gave up on the low pressure connector underneath. Too much trouble converting the grill to low pressure quick connects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a lot of research a few years ago when I wanted the same, a grill to connect to the Passport I had. Found the RVQ II and absolve it. I really like cast iron grates, and it has a 60/40 split grill/griddle. Give it a look.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 17 inch blackstone that works great on the low pressure side. You have to remove blackstone regulator and get a conversion kit (Amazon around nine dollars). Extremely happy, stores in pass-through, pancakes, eggs, bacon, steaks, stir fry, hamburgers all turn out great on the griddle and its easy to clean. The only thing I miss is grill marks on the hotdogs...lol

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy. Having connected gas grills to two different Rv's via quick-disconnect (I use the kit that Lowes sells), The one thing you're missing is that you have to remove the regulator on your grill. For some reason propane doesn't like to have two regulators in series... It 'should' be possible to remove your existing regulator, and find an adapter fitting to connect you extension hose to the gas valve. Good luck.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Traeger tailgater for our RV. Love it. Easy to transport and works great. No worries about propane connections. Glad we made this choice.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with this one. When I purchased it a couple of months ago, it was about $100...don't know why it's $168 now. Anyway, we had one of these that was installed when we bought one of our used trailers and loved it. We purchased a new one for this trailer but I will not mount it on the side. They do sell a mount for the rear bumper that I have seen on trailers in my travels but I do not have that bracket. The grille is perfect for the two of us.

https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-Mo...78&sr=8-2&th=1
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update**** Thought I would provide an update on what I ended up ordering and trying out this week....

Here are the items I ordered and installed:

Napoleon TravelQ PRO285-BK Portable Propane Gas Grill, Black

Napoleon-66287 RV Adaptor Kit for all TravelQ 285 Series

DOZYANT 1/4'' RV Propane Quick Connect Fittings for Connecting Low Pressure Gas Appliance Heater Grill Fire Pit and RV Quick Connect, 1/4" Quick Key Connect Plug x 3/8" Female Flare

GASPRO 20-Foot RV Propane Quick Connect Hose with Safety Shutoff Valve, 1/4-Inch Propane Extension Hose for Camper, Low Pressure

SHINESTAR 1/4inch RV Propane Quick Connect Y Splitter Adapter for RV Trailer and Quick Connect Propane Hose Connect to Motorhome Tabletop Grill

The grill and RV Adapter came from Walmart (on-line) and the other components came from Amazon.

Everything went together really well... the "Low Pressure Modification Kit" has parts in it for about 3 different grills... so you can have left over parts depending on what grill you purchase.

We tried everything out this past week on our trip... WOW... so nice to be able to put my grill away from the RV and run our Outland Firebowl 893 Deluxe Outdoor Portable Firepit at the same time by using the "Y" Adapter.

The grill is wonderful... nice two burner grill, makes it easy to cook at two different temps on the side of the grill... we cooked steaks, salmon fillets, Kabobs, kielbasa sausage, and various veggies... all came out wonderful!

Thanks for all the help with this project...
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We agonized over this a fair amount, landed on the Weber Q1200 as it's just 2 of us, an adapter for the quick-disconnect and a full griddle plate we found on Amazon from an Australian company.

This is the Hose
    This is the griddle plate

Nice that they made a hole in the middle of the griddle since there is no fame tube under it and goes straight to the catch pan.
    2020 F150 3.5 Super Crew 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by copytmpmzl View Post
    I have 2014 20' Bambi with an external gas port. I have tried two gas grills on the port and I cannot get enough flame to cook. I saw in a previous post best small space gas grill that the solution is to remove the regulator on the gas grill since the gas from the external port is already regulated. There were no other posts.

So I ask is this the solution being used by others? To regulate the flame in this case one would use the valve at the connection point of the external port? Seems like poor engineering.

The 1lb bottles that most "portable" grills are designed to work with are higher pressure than the 20-30lb bottles on the front of your rv. Additionally, those small bottles don't have a regulator so the grill does. Your camper has a regulator at the bottle connection, so when you hook up a portable grill you have to remove one of the regulators to get proper gas flow. You regulate the flame with the knob on the grill that controls the valve, not the shut off valve on the RV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    The 1lb bottles that most "portable" grills are designed to work with are higher pressure than the 20-30lb bottles on the front of your rv. Additionally, those small bottles don't have a regulator so the grill does. Your camper has a regulator at the bottle connection, so when you hook up a portable grill you have to remove one of the regulators to get proper gas flow. You regulate the flame with the knob on the grill that controls the valve, not the shut off valve on the RV.
    I installed a brass tee with a quick connect fitting between the regulator and the hose that goes to the tank so i get full pressure at my grill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234