User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portable Gas Grill Suggestions

Sorry... did a search on the forum... most recent posts I could find were over a year ago and some grills were not found...

Interested in getting a portable LP grill for our RV and a LP hose that I can connect to the low pressure LP port on the side of the 337RLS.

I currently have a Char-Broil Grill2Go and purchased the hose to connect to the 1lb bottle connection on the grill and the quick connect on the RV... did NOT work... assuming the regulator on the older Char-Broil is the issue... so am interested in purchasing a new grill (not griddle) and would appreciate your proven recommendations. I did call Char-Broil and they said that my Grill2Go would NOT work with the LP hose and RV connection...
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to choose a grill you can convert to low pressure. Weber grills, Blackstone, and others have conversion kits to remove the regulator on the grill itself to facilitate this. Many of the conversion kits are aftermarket.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You have to choose a grill you can convert to low pressure. Weber grills, Blackstone, and others have conversion kits to remove the regulator on the grill itself to facilitate this. Many of the conversion kits are aftermarket.
    Thanks... kinda figured that out after my experience with the Char-Broil... therefore looking for recommendations on makes/models (of grills and the conversion kit info) folks are happy with as well as works with a hose to the RV low pressure LP port.
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Napoleon traveQ. I like that it has 2 burners, Compaq, legs fold and the higher lid. There's many different ake and models to choose from. And some that can be retrofitted with aftermarket parts. I plan to either replace or just add a GMG Davie Crockett.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a weber Q2000 and followed the instructions from this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-L-9X_jOc and then bought this hose and conversion pieces https://amzn.to/3zkNzVo to connect to my grill and the quick connect on my 311BHS.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We have the Napoleon traveQ. I like that it has 2 burners, Compaq, legs fold and the higher lid. There's many different ake and models to choose from. And some that can be retrofitted with aftermarket parts. I plan to either replace or just add a GMG Davie Crockett.

Is this the one you have? and what hose are you using to connect to the low pressure LP port on the RV? Anything in the modification that is difficult...
    https://www.napoleon.com/en/us/grill...285-tq285-bl-1
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Is this the one you have? and what hose are you using to connect to the low pressure LP port on the RV? Anything in the modification that is difficult...
    https://www.napoleon.com/en/us/grill...285-tq285-bl-1
    Yes, ours is red though but I think the only difference is the red also comes with a griddle which we haven't used. Yet. This is the hose that we got. Pretty straight forward replaced. You replace the regulator that comes with the BBQ with this. https://www.napoleon.com/en/ca/barbe...ptor-kit-66287
    The link is for the Napaleon Canadian site but I'm sure you can get a cheat priced one on Amazon or similar.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a Weber too. Also 21" Blackstone and a small smoker. Can't be too prepared to make a small feast!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Have a Weber too. Also 21" Blackstone and a small smoker. Can't be too prepared to make a small feast!
    Do you use the same hose and disconnect the weber and connect the Blackstone or do you have a Y quick connect and two hoses? I can't decided which way to go when I get a Blackstone to go alongside the weber.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    Do you use the same hose and disconnect the weber and connect the Blackstone or do you have a Y quick connect and two hoses? I can't decided which way to go when I get a Blackstone to go alongside the weber.
    I went with a quick disconnect setup so that my hose had the female QD and the male ends are on the appliances. So, generally use one hose, and swap back and forth.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast