User Tag List

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TorkLift Glowstep Revolution Uprising steps

We are seriously thinking about replacing our steps with the Torklift Glowstep Revolution Uprising. Mainly because it is lighter and can be configured to not stick out as far as the Moryde steps that can with the 2600. We've stopped in rest areas where it is almost too tight to lower the steps and the Revolution Uprising can be used in a ladder mode if needed. And everything I've heard is these steps are the greatest since s'mores!

Has anyone installed these steps and what do you think of them? We leave on a trip shortly and I'd like to swap the steps before hand.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    We are seriously thinking about replacing our steps with the Torklift Glowstep Revolution Uprising. Mainly because it is lighter and can be configured to not stick out as far as the Moryde steps that can with the 2600. We've stopped in rest areas where it is almost too tight to lower the steps and the Revolution Uprising can be used in a ladder mode if needed. And everything I've heard is these steps are the greatest since s'mores!

Has anyone installed these steps and what do you think of them? We leave on a trip shortly and I'd like to swap the steps before hand.
    We had the dealer install them before we picked up our 320MKS. Initially, our coach was supposed to come with the "cheesy" fold out steps, however, they actually came with the MorRyde Step Above steps. Still had the dealer replace them. We love them!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark and Mary, thanks for the comment. I've spoken with Torklift and the 9605 (26 inch wide) will work for our 2600. However, they cannot get it to us before we leave so we'll order it while on the way home. We will be in WA state but with no tax and free shipping, it's a no brainer to have it waiting when we get back. Then I'll have the Morryde steps available if anyone is interested.
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Momentum 394M came with the Lippert Solid step on the front door (the rear door has the traditional fold out steps) and I removed them and installed a set of the Glowstep Revolution steps on ours. We absolutely love them and they are so much easier to use than the solid step. The major motivating factor for us was two fold. 1. Could not deploy the Solid Step when the trailer was parked in our RV Carport...not enough clearance. 2. They constantly needed adjustment on the legs on different campsights, and they are a pain in behind to adjust the legs....not to mention the dirt that was deposited inside the camper when you raise them up to travel. Love the Glowsteps for sure.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed a 9305 TorkLift Revolution Glowsteps on our 2600. The wife says they are easier for her to handle. The original steps ordered, after speaking with 2 reps were too wide (28 inch door but inside of frame is 26 inches). Company sent correct steps and a RMA for return of the wrong steps at no charge. Excellent service even though there was a miscommunication on my side.

Now we wait for the weather to do something besides rain and temps in upper 90s here in southern GA to get back out. Miss the dry (though hot) weather we had out west.

Also, if anyone is interested in the solid Morryde steps, contact me. Very reasonable but pickup in southern GA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking of changing out my cheap factory installed steps as my wife is finding them to be too steep now. One thing I have been trying to find out is do they extend further out and therefore not as steep?

Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    Thinking of changing out my cheap factory installed steps as my wife is finding them to be too steep now. One thing I have been trying to find out is do they extend further out and therefore not as steep?

Yes, they do! I really like them, as does my wife.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post

Yes they can extend further. We ordered with the 5 step, which gives us better options for either shorter steps or if you need to allow for more height with lower ground. FYI, the step are slightly narrower than the Morryde steps.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us now how it goes on the install please. I've been emailing with Torklift as I have a 2600 also and would like to add them if possible. The Torklift guy has given several answers and had me send him pics and still seems unsure. It looks as though they would mount in the underneath box built into the frame with just some cutting of the sheet metal skirting. It would be easy to add support for the cut skirting and some moulding for the edge but don't know about mounting in the box and hardware.
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replied to your other post before I read this one. Did these steps mount up to the box brackets that are built into the frame ? Seems like a little sheet metal cutting and bolt onto the box brackets, add skirting brackets and trim moulding and they are done. Sound about right ? Thanks
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit