Hi,

I am working on laying out the power needs of my next 2 projects. I have a Reflection 285BHTS TT. Yes I am handy.

Project #1 LED accent lighting

I am thinking about running 2 33 foot LED strips around the under belly of the trailer to provide some accent lighting to the rig. I know some people have done this on other models and brands. Some trailers come pre wired as such as well. I am looking for any tips or tricks running the wiring for the lighting and what you may have found to be the best solution to your issues when installing the electrical. I know there are others who install other electrical components to their rigs so those tips are helpful.

Project #2 Setup Flood lights

It's dark out. The site is a Back in not pull thru. There are rocks, trees, firepits, utilities, and who else knows whatever is out there. I was thinking about installing 6 pod lights. 2 on the right side. 2 on the left side. 2 in the rear. Looking at my trailer this weekend, I was thinking one set of lights before the tires angled slightly towards the rear of the trailer. Angled down not out. Another set behind the trailer's rear axle for additional light. Finally the last set in the rear to provide lighting while backing up into the spot. The camera is good but extra light always helps in dark spots. I know my wife will guide the trailer in with a flashlight. For the power here, I would add a switch near the Nautilus panel around the cap light switch. This way the side compartment could be opened during a check in. Once at the site, flip the switch and light my way into the site with hopefully 20 or so feet of clear visibility surrounding the trailer as I park the trailer into it's temporary home. Now grabbing the power is another. I don't know if should grab another circuit from the power distribution panel or go to the trailer's battery directly. I will have to review what I have for open places on the panel for both projects.

So I am looking for some advice to make sure I do not run into the same pitfalls that others might have done. I am thinking both projects are equally tricky in their own ways. However getting some of the groundwork laid out will take some of the headaches away from the project. TIA