User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on liking the Airflow System. I had been researching it when we had a 2018 Imagine. Late last year we traded up to the Reflection 315RLTS and to my surprise the Airflow System was factory installed on both AC units. Much quieter and keeps the air flowing better in the ductwork imho.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S Tate View Post
    Ditto on liking the Airflow System. I had been researching it when we had a 2018 Imagine. Late last year we traded up to the Reflection 315RLTS and to my surprise the Airflow System was factory installed on both AC units. Much quieter and keeps the air flowing better in the ductwork imho.
    Glad to hear you got RV Airflow in both A/Cs. They only did our LR unit (7/20 build). When I questioned it they said they were only doing one.
    Bob and Joanne
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 F-250, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 7.3 Gas, 4x4
    20K Weigh-Safe hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting ready to install a 2nd unit in the bedroom. I had to order a new control box and a new thermostat from Dometic. I have the RV airflow system installed in the living room A/C, but I am thinking of NOT installing it in the bedroom unit. Has anyone done that? Do you notice a difference with air flow? I have the 311 BHS and I noticed the bedrooms are very cold, but the living room is still hot. I am looking for relief from the 100 degrees of heat in Utah. Thanks!!
    HappyKayaker
    2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4X4
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlkroupa View Post
    I am getting ready to install a 2nd unit in the bedroom. I had to order a new control box and a new thermostat from Dometic. I have the RV airflow system installed in the living room A/C, but I am thinking of NOT installing it in the bedroom unit. Has anyone done that? Do you notice a difference with air flow? I have the 311 BHS and I noticed the bedrooms are very cold, but the living room is still hot. I am looking for relief from the 100 degrees of heat in Utah. Thanks!!
    If your rooms are different temps, you should partially close the vents in the cooler rooms and fully open the vents in the warmer rooms. Adding the RV Airflow will improve airflow throughout and reduce noise.
    Bob and Joanne
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 F-250, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 7.3 Gas, 4x4
    20K Weigh-Safe hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our first outing since installing the 2nd AC. It keeps the BR so cold, that the compressor stays off most of the time. This is running both ACs. Maybe that's not the thing to do. The BR is very small and we keep the BR door closed to keep the Yorkie out of it.
    Rob mentioned closable vents and that is a consideration but I'm wondering if these systems are designed such as to be super critical on air flow and would closing off any of the vents at all cause an air flow restriction and icing.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    This is our first outing since installing the 2nd AC. It keeps the BR so cold, that the compressor stays off most of the time. This is running both ACs. Maybe that's not the thing to do. The BR is very small and we keep the BR door closed to keep the Yorkie out of it.
    Rob mentioned closable vents and that is a consideration but I'm wondering if these systems are designed such as to be super critical on air flow and would closing off any of the vents at all cause an air flow restriction and icing.
    Running both is quite the norm. First, run the bedroom on cool LO (if available), and definitely close the louvered duct vents. Doing so will push air further down the racetrack. Basically, out to the main room where the boost is needed. RV A/Cs are brutally primitive, and coil freeze results from the chilled air short circuiting right back into the unit. Dometic units have been the most sensitive IME.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And freezing is also caused by air restrictions. That was the reason for asking about closing vents and moving less supply air.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    And freezing is also caused by air restrictions. That was the reason for asking about closing vents and moving less supply air.
    Closing the vents in the bedroom (only two in our Solitude) just moves the air down the racetrack system to the bathroom (1 vent) and living area (6 vents). It has not affected the bedroom unit and there has been no icing - but it helps keep the living area cooler.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Closing the vents in the bedroom (only two in our Solitude) just moves the air down the racetrack system to the bathroom (1 vent) and living area (6 vents). It has not affected the bedroom unit and there has been no icing - but it helps keep the living area cooler.

Rob
    How do you remove the covers on the AC units to measure the plenum? I dont want to break it....lol
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    How do you remove the covers on the AC units to measure the plenum? I dont want to break it....lol
    On the Coleman Machs, if you remove the two filters, there are screws above them. Remove those screws and the inside trim assembly comes off.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast