User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds to me like wages need to be increased; many people have been under-employed for way too long.
    John Wood and Pat Shackelford
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    2016 F250 KR FX4
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2 Australian Shepherds and looking forward to retirement...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWood View Post
    It sounds to me like wages need to be increased; many people have been under-employed for way too long.
    How do higher wages help?

These are entry level jobs and deserve entry wages imo

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thor is 14.5 billion behind.

How would you like to have one of these slung together RVs? Gas I got mine last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...rv-demand.html

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    They aren’t all ‘entry-level’ jobs. They are just treated like they were. Do you really want a TT built by a teen-ager just out of high school?
    John Wood and Pat Shackelford
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    2016 F250 KR FX4
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2 Australian Shepherds and looking forward to retirement...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thor and I suspect the rest isn't hurting. After this quarterly report came out the CEO was on Mad Money crowing.

Showing results for thor 2021 quarterly report

Thor Industries last posted its earnings data on June 7th, 2021. The construction company reported $3.29 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $2.36 by $0.93. The firm earned $3.46 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.01 billion.

I'm sure they could now afford to pay a living wage and cover health care for the work force.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-19-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Isn't that kinda like saying all Canadians should earn $25 Cad / hr because that's all they deserve?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect shortages to become the norm for the future. I can’t wait till ranchers start getting big bucks for their cattle!
    Wait till the world realizes in about ten years phosphorus will become very short and much more expensive.
    We are definitely going to see some very hard times. All these people overpaying for things will be hung when demand drops.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First let me preface my next comments with the fact that I whole heartedly believe you get what you pay for with regards to salaries and quality of workers.

However, history has proven that raising the minimum wage only results in a short term relief for those impacted (i.e. those making entry level wages) but is short lived because it in turn results in inflation and increased costs to the consumers. Businesses operate on projected profit margins and in order to hit their targets, they raise the cost of their products to offset increased materials and overhead costs (i.e. labor costs). So all it will end up doing is making everything cost more.

Example: If McDonalds were to increase their minimum wage for their employees, all it will end up doing is costing the consumer more to purchase their Happy Meal....McDonalds isn't going to absorb the cost of the pay increases but will instead spread that cost across their menu pricing to make up for it....again, all based on a strategic profit margin vs expenditures goal that they will make sure they achieve.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Isn't that kinda like saying all Canadians should earn $25 Cad / hr because that's all they deserve?
    I don’t even know how to respond to this

I was talking about unskilled labor and you are taking a shot at Canadians?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    First let me preface my next comments with the fact that I whole heartedly believe you get what you pay for with regards to salaries and quality of workers.

However, history has proven that raising the minimum wage only results in a short term relief for those impacted (i.e. those making entry level wages) but is short lived because it in turn results in inflation and increased costs to the consumers. Businesses operate on projected profit margins and in order to hit their targets, they raise the cost of their products to offset increased materials and overhead costs (i.e. labor costs). So all it will end up doing is making everything cost more.

Example: If McDonalds were to increase their minimum wage for their employees, all it will end up doing is costing the consumer more to purchase their Happy Meal....McDonalds isn't going to absorb the cost of the pay increases but will instead spread that cost across their menu pricing to make up for it....again, all based on a strategic profit margin vs expenditures goal that they will make sure they achieve.
    This is Supply side Economics that has been espoused since the early 80's. Part and parcel with "trickle down economics" that they tried to sell it has shown to be a flawed thesis. A statement attributed to John Keynes "When facts change, I change my mind" now is the time to rethink.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-19-2021 at 03:35 PM. Reason: To correct my statement and clarify the quote

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast