User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=
    Here's an alternative thought - If you want more money, you could just work for it like the people with the "excess wealth" did..[/QUOTE]

And how hard does one have to work to accumulate a net worth of $182 billion, for which he pays NO TAXES?
    John Wood and Pat Shackelford
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    2016 F250 KR FX4
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2 Australian Shepherds and looking forward to retirement...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWood View Post
    And how hard does one have to work to accumulate a net worth of $182 billion, for which he pays NO TAXES?
    Taxes are only avoided by reinvestment into the business which creates jobs
    This is a good thing
    I thought everyone knew this????

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    . I also admire people with little money who are content and understand money doesn't mean much in this life.
    This is my motto. Make do with what you have and live life to the fullest

My wife is a teacher so summers off
    This was a necessity for me as well to spend the summers off line and camping with our kids
    Gave up management job working 12 hour days making 6 figures in the auto business
    We make do without my income

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess when you have a turn-over rate of 150%, you don’t create too many new jobs... just a thought...

Much of the savings has been going into stock buy-backs, not new employment opportunities.
    John Wood and Pat Shackelford
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    2016 F250 KR FX4
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2 Australian Shepherds and looking forward to retirement...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWood View Post
    I guess when you have a turn-over rate of 150%, you don’t create too many new jobs... just a thought...

Much of the savings has been going into stock buy-backs, not new employment opportunities.
    Capitol rarely just sits around. People generally put it to work one way or another Stock buy backs put money in the pockets of INVESTORS, who will likely invest in another company. The only real way to prevent money from improving the economy is to bury it in the backyard
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Unsourced rumor is....the Japan chip plant will be back online in July. Ford will ship the "parked but no brains" vehicle to dealers when the brains come in. The dealers will be paid by Ford to install, and do the final QC check. This rumor makes sense, Ford is certainly not going to run 40,000+ super duties and F150s back down the assembly line.
    They don't "run them back down the assembly line". They will install off line.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually don't get myself involved in these kinds of conversations and share my opinion. I'm married with two kids and learned my opinion doesn't matter, except on Father's Day and since that's tomorrow (Sunday, June 20th in the US) I'm willing to be bold and share mine.

I sure love this country. Heck, since my state shares a border with Canada, I'll lump them in this too. It's good we can have civil conversations regarding 1st world problems. Most people have spent more on a truck and trailer than people in less developed countries see in a lifetime. I'm thankful everyday I was born here and for those who sacrificed their lives to keep this country what it is.

I chose my career path. That's all on me. I don't have aspirations of being a Bezos, Gates or Buffet type person. Those guys chose different paths. I'm not going to blame them for their choices. It's like getting upset at the person who dated the prom king/queen when you never had the courage to ask.

I guess my point is we should be thankful what/who we have in our lives. If you want to make millions or billions then go be that person. We at least still have that opportunity but only you can make that choice.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    First let me preface my next comments with the fact that I whole heartedly believe you get what you pay for with regards to salaries and quality of workers.

However, history has proven that raising the minimum wage only results in a short term relief for those impacted (i.e. those making entry level wages) but is short lived because it in turn results in inflation and increased costs to the consumers. Businesses operate on projected profit margins and in order to hit their targets, they raise the cost of their products to offset increased materials and overhead costs (i.e. labor costs). So all it will end up doing is making everything cost more.

Example: If McDonalds were to increase their minimum wage for their employees, all it will end up doing is costing the consumer more to purchase their Happy Meal....McDonalds isn't going to absorb the cost of the pay increases but will instead spread that cost across their menu pricing to make up for it....again, all based on a strategic profit margin vs expenditures goal that they will make sure they achieve.
    With all due respect, this line of thinking has been disproved more times than I care to mention! Do some research, I do not have the time or space here to educate everyone, but with this line of thinking, Why not just keep the minimum wage at $3.25 like it was in the 70's? This way we can keep inflation really low maybe to zero! This line of thinking goes against everything we know about economics! In fact, if you take government figures and the 70's minimum wage (that nobody had a problem with) and just factor in inflation it brings you to $14.80 an hour today! When gas was 3.75 a gallon what teen is going to work a 4 hour shift after school to bring home 5 dollars after taxes, gas, and expenses to operate their car?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    When gas was 3.75 a gallon what teen is going to work a 4 hour shift after school to bring home 5 dollars after taxes, gas, and expenses to operate their car?
    Well, I guess I did. When I was in high school gas was around $1.10/gal. My vehicle (which I worked a summer remodelling an old farmhouse in trade for) got 5mpg. My school was 18 miles from my house. I made $4.35/hr, and brought home around $98 after taxes. $40 of that went to gas, and who knows what to upkeep. My parents paid half my insurance so I could have a little of my paycheck to do teenager stuff. When the engine blew up I was 17 and quit working at the fast food joint and worked at a tree farm because it paid $1/hr more (plus I got more hours) and I could ride my bike to work. It was harder work, and Florida summers while digging holes was not as enjoyable as flipping burgers. I started riding the school bus again. I saved up the $600 for a new engine and put it in myself. I guess I could go on, but you're probably not interested in hearing it anyway.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, back to the original point. Yes it's a good time to sell a used RV and not such a good time to buy a new one. That said, if you're hell-bent on getting an RV, get one now. As suggested here, and as anyone in the industry will tell you, the shortage will probably last another year (I bought a new truck and RV in the last month and both dealerships said exactly the same thing).

With regard to the RV industry in particular, the demand is off the charts, and it's reasonable to assume that COVID hibernation was/is a factor. So maybe there are factors that make hiring difficult now (I own my own company... there are), but this particular industry got the double-whammy in a big way.

Last note/opinion.... the market will be saturated with used RVs in a few years. If you can wait, rent for now.
    Jeff
    2021 30G Toy Hauler
    2021 RAM 2500 6.7L HD

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast