User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Hitch Options for a 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 Short Bed and Solitude S-Class 2930RL

Just purchased the Solitude S-Class 2930RL and looking at hitch options to tow it. My current tow vehicle is a 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 short bed (6.5'+) with the factory pucks. RV Dealer has recommended the Pullrite 2900 auto slider hitch or the Curt A20 manual slider. Like a lot of people I would prefer to find a hitch option that is not so heavy and more easily removable when I need my full bed. I am currently looking at the Pullrite 2600 SuoerLite to see what kind of turning radius I might get with this truck and 5er. I have to take some measurements to see if it is possible. Does anyone have any experience towing the wider Solitude with a 2020/2021 Chevy Silverado 2500/3500 short bed with the Pullrite 2600 or any other hitches? Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to run with an Anderson Ultimate hitch (model 2317 which is the higher one for use with 2020+ models). You can set the kingpin adapter two different directions, you'd set yours long ways to give a little more distance and room. I have a longbed, so have the adapter flipped. The hitch only weighs 40lbs, very easy in & out, you just need a good torque wrench. I recommend calling Anderson to validate with the shorter bed, but my longbed is only a foot longer and I have a ton of room.
    See the size chart on the graphics: https://andersenhitches.com/products...eel-connection
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Gen-Y 5th wheel to gooseneck conversion and have no issues with my 2020 GMC. After a short break-in period, the Gen-Y has been great and I get by bed space back.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion