User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized... no inverter on the 2610ML

We've been looking for so many different trailers, none of which were on a lot in a 250+ mile radius. So when we finally found one, we snapped it up. But totally forgot to talk about an inverter. Which does not come with the 2610ML :-)

So while i increased the home batteries already from a Group 24 to 2 Group 27 100Ah batteries, still doesn't do me any good to power the antenna and watch some tv, or run the microwave :-D

I guess i'll be reading through these postings figuring out the best way, and the easiest way, to install an inverter in our trailer. I don't like having to run the generator for these little things...
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    We've been looking for so many different trailers, none of which were on a lot in a 250+ mile radius. So when we finally found one, we snapped it up. But totally forgot to talk about an inverter. Which does not come with the 2610ML :-)

So while i increased the home batteries already from a Group 24 to 2 Group 27 100Ah batteries, still doesn't do me any good to power the antenna and watch some tv, or run the microwave :-D

I guess i'll be reading through these postings figuring out the best way, and the easiest way, to install an inverter in our trailer. I don't like having to run the generator for these little things...
    Well how are you planning to charge the batteries?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha :-)

Yeah, batteries will be charged either via the generator or couple solar panels. But outside of those longer stretches of run time, at night for instance, don't want to have to run the generator. Just too noisy and smelly, regardless of how quiet some of these are.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or am i confusing inverter with converter?

I mean the 'box' that's connected to the batteries, outputting 120v / x number of watts, so the TV and a couple other smaller appliances / outlets can be powered.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or am i confusing inverter with converter?

I mean the 'box' that's connected to the batteries, outputting 120v / x number of watts, so the TV and a couple other smaller appliances / outlets can be powered.
    That is an inverter. Something that converts 110v AC to 12v DC. The converter is a device that all of our trailers have that converts 110v AC to 12v DC to charge the batteries and run the 12v stuff in the coach.

What you want to find is a "pure sine wave inverter" of at last 2000 watts, based on your started wants/needs.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another way to go might be one of those Bluetti or Jackery boxes that have both batteries and an Inverter built in. You could easily power your entertainment system for a few nights while preserving your coach batteries for the 12 volt system in the coach.

Just another way of getting the job done.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi RealRoland - here's a good video on inverter install: https://changinglanesrv.com/inverter-project/
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Another way to go might be one of those Bluetti or Jackery boxes that have both batteries and an Inverter built in.
    Yup, got a 240Wh (240 watt hour, 16.8Ah) that was used for inflating airbeds, charging phone over the weekend and powering a 12v tire inflator. May just see what else i can run it with (i think the TCL tv runs about 65W, so should get a couple hours out of that before the battery needs recharging). Oh, and since we don't really care about live tv, i got a usb stick plugged into the back of the tv, loaded with movies and such. The Roku media player is all we need, in case of clouds, so we can't look at the stars.

Next thing i'm experimenting with is getting a better signal on my Verizon phone / hotspot. We're in an area where in general there's little proper coverage, so gonna experiment with an external antenna to get a couple more bars if possible. Not yet ready to fork over the money for a WeBoost setup.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, running the Roku TV on the Jackery battery pack works like a charm. If you set the tv's brighness to darker, and the color mode to normal, the draw of the tv is about 26w. To compare, when on brightest (the default setting when the tv powers up) is 65w.

While the external antenna is not being powered that way, the memory stick / media player on the tv works, audio comes through the tv's speakers (not the trailer), and if you have a wifi hotspot, the tv can do streaming as well.