Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black tank valve leaks on brand new Reflection

My black tank valve must not completely close when the pull handle is in the closed position. When I remove the cap from the discharge pipe I get over a gallon of nasty stuff coming out. Clearly it leaks while we are camping even though the handle is closed. This is a brand new Reflection. I don't want to take it into a dealer in the middle of the camping season. I've spoken to the manufacturer and they've approved for me to contact a mobile repair. Problem is I don't know one in Arizona. I had one but they closed down during Covid and never reopened. Clearly I can Google one but that's risky. Never know what/who your getting. Anyone have a lead on a good mobile service in Phoenix, AZ?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every RV should come standard with this twist on valve. It will help reduce the "surprises" when you are setting up your sewer drain system. I have used one on every RV that I have owned. I use a small stainless screw to secure it so it does not fall off or "walk away".

https://smile.amazon.com/Valterra-T5...0YYPN0J0G6T065
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added the one Kevin mentioned as well. I have two dump valves on my Reflection 311BHS so I bought two. Cheapest way to go about not dealing with that gallon of nastiness.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O that's beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2282 View Post
    Every RV should come standard with this twist on valve. It will help reduce the "surprises" when you are setting up your sewer drain system. I have used one on every RV that I have owned. I use a small stainless screw to secure it so it does not fall off or "walk away".

https://smile.amazon.com/Valterra-T5...0YYPN0J0G6T065
    Thank you so much! Even though I'm still under warranty I'll still be adding this.
    Thank you again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the same, 8 month old solitude 375res, parked for the summer at campsite. We had been noticing a sewer smell inside, couldn't figure out where from until I went out to drain tank, pulled the cable and 20 gallons of waste water flooded the under belly.
    I ended up taking off the underneath, the reflective piece and all the insulation was saturated, all because there is only a hose clamp on tank flange to connect to outlet pipe, it was installed back to far on tank, I was able to get four more turns to tighten it enough to quit leaking for a bit.
    Replaced with a fernco repair coupling. Looks to me like pulling and pushing the cable for the valve forces movement in the pipe and loosens clamp.
    So, if you smell sewer and can't find out why, take off panel behind water inlet main panel, you can see down in well enough to see if the insulation is wet and brown.