This goes back 20 years - I don't believe any Grand Design models have suicide doors (doors where the hinges are toward the rear of the trailer and the handle/entry is toward the front). We were taking our brand new (non-GD) TT out on her maiden voyage. Coming home I'm driving and I hear from the passenger side "pull over". I ask what / why and I hear another "PULL OVER!" I should mention since it was our shakedown voyage we only learned the stock Ford mirrors didn't extend far enough out so I really could not see the passenger side of the TT. We pull over on the shoulder of the freeway to see the TT entry door wide open and had smacked around the side of the TT. Turns out if was a construction problem where the frame of the door was too large for the door to properly latch. Luckily I had 100' of rope and looped it around the entire trailer to keep the door closed to get us home. Thousands of dollars in warranty work and she was good as new. But to ensure it never happened again, I bought one of those folding hand rails and installed it on the entry side of the door. When extended out you grab it to get up the stairs, when folded in it holds the door closed. Just a combination of poor design and poor construction. Their next model year had the door installed the proper direction.