User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Griddle for outdoor kitchen?

We just took delivery of our 2800bh last weekend and are in the process of getting ready for our first trip. We are wishing the outdoor kitchen had a propane griddle instead of a cook top which we won’t use often. During our walkthrough, the technician told us “they make a griddle to fit that spot” I wish I asked more questions at the time because I don’t know who he meant by “they”. Is anyone familiar with such a product? I don’t think he meant a griddle pan because he mentioned taking the cook top right out to put the griddle in. In another older post, I saw people mentioning putting their blackstone right on top of the cook top. Im wondering if people who do this put it in the cook top with the lid opened or closed? I would love to hear some of you do to make this work. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most owners here have just done a mod to replace the stove with a 17" Blackstone for the kitchen, which is used on a bunch of models. Some folks also just convert it to a drawer and use a standalone. I know the stove is lousy in the wind so a cast iron griddle top doesn't work well.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I found a treasure trove of videos on YouTube with different ways to do it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CampDee View Post
    We just took delivery of our 2800bh last weekend and are in the process of getting ready for our first trip. We are wishing the outdoor kitchen had a propane griddle instead of a cook top which we won’t use often. During our walkthrough, the technician told us “they make a griddle to fit that spot” I wish I asked more questions at the time because I don’t know who he meant by “they”. Is anyone familiar with such a product? I don’t think he meant a griddle pan because he mentioned taking the cook top right out to put the griddle in. In another older post, I saw people mentioning putting their blackstone right on top of the cook top. Im wondering if people who do this put it in the cook top with the lid opened or closed? I would love to hear some of you do to make this work. Thanks!

I didn't replace my little stove, even though I have never used it. I went with a stand alone camp chef setup. I did change the gas line on the stove so I can plug it into the propane quick connect on the camper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setup.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	34982
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Griddle for outdoor kitchen?

@Unlimitedmatt ; I really like your kitchen set up. I was considering one of those sink tables.

Last edited by CampDee; 06-16-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Unlimitedmatt ; I really like your kitchen set up. I was considering one of those sink tables.

The sink is great! I just use the water quick connect that is right there on my camper. Then you can use the water in the bucket to put out the camp fire.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask where you got the sink/table?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adam9britt View Post
    May I ask where you got the sink/table?
    I bought mine from Amazon but I have seen them at Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's.

Here is a link to a similar table, as the one I bought is no longer available.

https://www.amazon.com/ZTDM-Outdoor-...6WGR9B24&psc=1
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have nothing near as sophisticated or handy as @Unlimitedmatt does but for what it's worth I set up my 17" Blackstone on the existing cooktop and use the rear and side wings to block the wind. A secondary benefit to having the griddle at a good cooking height is it is level since it uses the drawer system from the OEM kitchen (assuming we did a good job leveling the trailer...)

That said I'm going to take the cooktop out and redo the kitchen setup so the Blackstone is permanently mounted in the kitchen. I'm going to try to use the wings from the cooktop similar to what I do now but may get creative and do something a little different to keep wind from the burners and grease splatter away from the trailer.

Then again, I may just buy that folding sink/table setup and copy @Unlimitedmatt ...

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch