Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing

Good Morning GD'ers
    A question about winterizing.
    We have always stored our rig out of the snow at a lower altitude in order not to have to winterize.. Deciding to keep our rig closer to home, we are going to store it in Reno. So--Our Imagine has a sticker on the side with the 4 Seasons protection package on it. How good is that & how much would you do to winterize?
    Any help appreciated

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 4 seasons package is more for marketing. If you're going to store it and it typically gets less than freezing temps, I would fully winterize it before freezing temps start. If you're doing it yourself, dont forget the outdoor spray ports/showers along with all the other lines, and drain/bypass the water heater.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Good Morning GD'ers
    A question about winterizing.
    We have always stored our rig out of the snow at a lower altitude in order not to have to winterize.. Deciding to keep our rig closer to home, we are going to store it in Reno. So--Our Imagine has a sticker on the side with the 4 Seasons protection package on it. How good is that & how much would you do to winterize?
    Any help appreciated
    That "package" has little to do with storing in winter. Better insulation is better for staying in it during warmer/colder months but unless you have a heat source it won't make much a difference storing. If you'll be storing it where you will see hard freezes, it's best to fully winterize the plumbing system.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jump to 13 minutes in this video for the GD winterizing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J20m4rorYU
    If you have a residential fridge don't forget the water line for the ice maker.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for good information

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is 102 here in the mountains of Colorado -- I am not going to think about winter.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Jump to 13 minutes in this video for the GD winterizing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J20m4rorYU
    If you have a residential fridge don't forget the water line for the ice maker.
    You dont need the antifreeze if you have a good compressor. I drain the hot water tank, open the low points (with all tanks dry) and open up the faucets including bathroom. Then send 70-100 psi thru the system and blow the residual water out. Then I put some pink stuff down the drains and that's it.

I realize not everyone has a compressor to back blow water lines so the pink stuff will work as shown in the video.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff. 108 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 4 season or Arctic package means you can camp earlier in the Spring and later in the Fall without too much discomfort but that's about it.