Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to hold open rear deck system

While loading toys in the garage of the 349m (and any GD toy hauler) how do you hold open the rear aluminum deck system from swinging back closed? I could probably use bungie cords wrapped around the gate and to the side ladder or underdeck but curious if I'm missing something. Can't believe the designers missed this very important part when designing these, or haven't offered some sort of OOB latching mechanism.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have wondered the same thing. latched when in patio mode, but no way to latch in ramp mode. Ive been looking at it to come up with a fix. Right now i tie (w a 1/4" rope) one back to the ladder on the left side and tie to the steps (garage steps) on the right side. Dumb, but works. Gotta be a better way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use bungies on my 351.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I open the 3 season doors and run a bungee cord from the handle of each door to the tie down point for the door springs. This does a good job keeping the gates from being closed by the wind.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as mentioned above.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for feedback. I was hoping there was a cleaner way but bungies work. Just worried on windy days the bungie may let go or doesn't hold while I'm either back out or driving in with Harley and that would s*** big time.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    carry a couple of the extra long quick clamps. clamp to bottom of door and the c;amp bsr hangs down far enough to catch side of the ramp preventing 3 season doors from closing