User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our booth table is too high

We own a Transcend 26RLS with a booth dinette table that is just too high. I'd like to lower it but I'm not sure if the legs are standard. Our table legs are 29-1/2" long. I went onto the Grand Design parts look up and they show that the legs should be 27" long (Part No. 690082) (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/2400). The picture of the leg looks different as well. They appear to be capped at both ends, while ours are metal with swedged ends. I reached out to GD both by email and the phone, and I haven't heard back. I've also looked for new legs on-line but they rarely give any exact measurements, so I don't know if they will fit. So my question is these legs standard? Meaning if I order shorter legs will they fit into the existing leg base and caps?

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 26RLS has been discontinued for a bit now, and parts will be different.

They use an entirely different table set up now than they did then.

The legs we have in our Part's department that match what you are describing are also 29 1/2" long.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: Wrong, the ends are standard size, the tubes are not. I need a nap.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 06-16-2021 at 01:52 PM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is the seat height is 14" and the table height is 31-1/4", a 17-1/4" difference. A standard seat height is 17" and normal table height is 30", a 13" difference. So our booth table is 4-1/4" higher than normal. This makes it very difficult for children or shorter people to eat or play games at our table.

I am aware that GD stopped making the 26RLS. I'm not sure why they stopped, my guess is that it didn't sell well or it competed with other GD trailers. This our third season using the trailer and my wife and I have just been dealing with the high table, but we now need to make it more "kid" friendly.

Unfortunately, the closest RV store is about 100 miles away. The closest GD dealer is 2.5 hours away. We stopped by two RV stores on our last trip and they didn't have any legs in stock. They blamed the Pandemic.
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 06-16-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's truly no big deal to shorten a leg of that style... if they are genuine Surfit legs, they will be stamped accordingly. If so, you should be able to order the shorter legs right from ITC. How long of a delay is another matter.

EDIT: Also remembered on of our friends turned his own replacement legs out of cherry when he made a new table for their rig. Another way to go anyway, and maybe something a local craftsman could help with.
    Last edited by geotex1; 06-16-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize, my memory is fading. My Toy Hauler/Garage table came with 27" legs with the caps on the ends. I replaced them with 29-1/2" legs with swedge ends (my table was too low compared to the bench seats.) The tubes are not the same diameter but the ends are. So the receptacle in the floor and underside of table must be a standard size. It appears to be 2-1/4".
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE