Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backup Camera Install

Hello,

I just purchased a DoHonest S21 as well as the mounts for the furrion for our new 320MKS. Can anyone give me any tips on how to install this? I've installed one on my Imagine but I'd like to ask others what exactly I should do with this as far as mounting it and cauking, etc. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The furrion should be pre-wired so its literally plug and play. I was not happy with the results so we installed a wired cam. Drill 4 holes into the siding, caulked around mounting plate and so far its worked out great!!! Sorry I dont have any pics, its on my to-do list which never gets shorter lol
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our newly purchased 23BHE came with a Furrion camera mount & wiring installed but since I already had a rear view camera system & monitor from our first camper I planned on using them. When I removed the existing Furrion camera mount to mount the old camera the DC power connector was connected to a pair of wires (W & W/GN) but there's no voltage. I'm connected to my truck, there are no fuses blown and all other DC systems work. So, I'm trying to find out where the camera DC originates. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Mike

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCAVU View Post
    Our newly purchased 23BHE came with a Furrion camera mount & wiring installed but since I already had a rear view camera system & monitor from our first camper I planned on using them. When I removed the existing Furrion camera mount to mount the old camera the DC power connector was connected to a pair of wires (W & W/GN) but there's no voltage. I'm connected to my truck, there are no fuses blown and all other DC systems work. So, I'm trying to find out where the camera DC originates. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Mike
    You might have to turn on the truck headlights or running lights for power to be supplied to the camera. The power for the camera comes from the trailer light wiring. That is the case for our Ram and 22RBE anyway.
    Last edited by alias100; 10-13-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That solved the problem on my 23BHE. Camera is on when lights are on.
    Thanks - Mike