User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the exhaust brake and tow/haul switches on the Ram. Why can't I just keep the exhaust brake on *all* the time, instead of having to take my eyes off the road to find the button (forgetting to put it on when I start the truck).

One thing that I miss from my F250: keypad entry. That was *so* nice to be able to get into my truck without my keys when I was camping. I just kept the trailer keys and truck keys in the truck and used the keypad. Very nice feature, Ford!
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 Cummins SO SRW
    2018 Reflection 320MKS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being an old guy, I’m on the fence on that larger fuel tank. Would like it for the range for sure when fuel stations are sparse but we find ourselves stopping every 3-4hrs anyway to take the dogs out and bathroom stop for us. I wouldn’t sacrifice payload for a larger fuel tank as its already reduced in the Cummins option.

The Ford on board generator option looks nice but is it only 2 120v plugs? Not sure how that would be if I had to run the Cummins all night.

Factory bags are high on my list should I order another trucks. I have them and they have been flawless once I learned to put the suspension in “transport mode” so the bags wouldn’t chase the hitch when unloading.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A wifi system you could use in the camper while the truck is turned off and a 75 gallon fuel tank.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a great question, being a F150 user even with the Max-tow package, I have upgraded the suspension, and other things, but one I a question with Ford if you have the max-tow package why would they only put standard load (SL) tire s on the truck????, the other is since you might tow something they could put a good RV road atlas on the nav page….just saying

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCass View Post
    It’s a great question, being a F150 user even with the Max-tow package, I have upgraded the suspension, and other things, but one I a question with Ford if you have the max-tow package why would they only put standard load (SL) tire s on the truck????, the other is since you might tow something they could put a good RV road atlas on the nav page….just saying
    Because max tow and max payload are not the same and the truck’s GVW therefore didn’t change unless you got both. IMO max tow should not be called that without max payload included. Premium tow would be better and less confusing.

I also wish tow mirrors were included in that package. Love the RV function (trailer height) map idea. I’d even take more easily updated factory nav, even with CarPlay

Full length running boards (cover the front of the bed in addition to the cab). I’ve seen them online for the super duty, but not the 150, and I’ve never seen them in the real world.

I know newer trucks than mine are getting closer, but TPMS and camera systems that have more options - like adding headphones to your phone. Or even good factory options easily obtained. I’d love to add a trailer camera I could see on my factory screen. Ditto for trailer tpms.

More factory gauge options for display on the screens in new trucks. Real oil px/temp gauges in my Ford. Drain plugs in the diffs.

It took some thinking - love my truck. But those things would make it better.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point on the mirrors, I almost put the F250 mirrors on mine expect the cost….1200$ plus install, true on the confusion on payload, I studied my truck t o make sure I stayed within the limits, but I found SL tires, I thought that was not good so I went with load D, felt load E would be a. Bit rough….I put the TST caps on my trailer and truck, but an integrated system sounds good too and the trailer rear view on the display would be great too, thanks fore your input!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would offer an on board air compressor.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCass View Post
    Hello Steve Cass,
    Standard load tires, maybe because they are cheaper? Our Ram came with cheap Nexgen or something like that, off brand Korea tires on a dually, they were terrible, had to get rid of them at 20K miles. Even with our Ram and they (GM, Ford, Ram)tout all their trucks towing capabilities they use a general navigation app which is useless for towing. We use a Garmin RV660 and usually only use the trucks navigation system when not towing.
    And the RAM 3500 TPMS is a monitoring system only, not an alert system. At least on our 2018 model. So if you have a tire going flat it will not alert you, you have to be looking at the tire pressure page on the display to see that you have a tire losing air pressure. The 1500/2500 have a TPMS alert system, why not the 3500s? What design genius at Ram thought that up?

My Son-I-L loves his Ford F350 and he tows a 37+ ft Montana 5er.

Steve Cass (the other Steve Cass)
    Last edited by Steven@147; 06-24-2021 at 05:53 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10488.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	35126

A bigger fire extinguisher?
    2021 GD Solitude 390rk
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat Superduty DRW
    2015 Wildcat max 310rl
    2005 Newmar Dutch Star 39ft

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing about our 18 dually i wish like heck the tow mode would stay on after restarting the truck. The exhaust brake setting does. I went several miles with our 42 5ver a few times before I realized it was cutting off at rest stops

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast