User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdixdragon View Post
    One thing about our 18 dually i wish like heck the tow mode would stay on after restarting the truck. The exhaust brake setting does. I went several miles with our 42 5ver a few times before I realized it was cutting off at rest stops
    Good point, I have travelled miles with tow mode off because I forgot to turn it back on.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing about our 18 dually i wish like heck the tow mode would stay on after restarting the truck. The exhaust brake setting does. I went several miles with our 42 5ver a few times before I realized it was cutting off at rest stops
    2021 model and mine will stay on for quick stops as long as trailer remains connected. Other modes it will ask if I want to return to mode (say echo for example) when I start up the truck.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    I'm sitting at the dealership waiting for some service work and it got me thinking, what things do I wish were offered in a new truck. I'm partial to Ram so here's my list:

1. Please give me an updated 6.4L Hemi. It's been unchanged for years.
    2. I want the split tailgate offered in the 1500s in the HDs.
    3. The Ford on board generator really impresses me even though I have a generator.
    4. Ramboxes AND gooseneck from the factory.

Let's hear what things you'd like. Please no brand bashing. That's not my intent.
    Absolutely love my Ford F250 Platinum Super Duty with 6.7l Turbo Diesel. Love the following:
    - Adaptive Cruise...Enhanced safety
    - 6.7l Turbo Diesel...Plenty of HP and Torque
    - Heated/Cooled front seats. Rear seats are heated only...wish they would be cooled as well.
    - Massaging Seat...Good for the Tush on long drives
    - Pro Trailer Backup and boat loads of camera for a complete 360 view
    - Ford made it very easy to add after market accessories by providing you with a boat load of wires already through the firewall for you to use....not to mention the up-fitter switches for convenient on/off controlling. I've already used 3 of mine for on board air system, air horn, hardwired dash camera.
    - All LED lights...makes the night come alive to improve visibility
    - Power Running Boards...so far no issues...so I really like them
    - Improved gas mileage over my gas engine when towing. I get around 12 mpg when towing. On highway when not towing I get between 21 and 23 (flat ground) depending on speed... 63 mph is the sweet spot for best fuel efficiency for my truck.

About the only thing I don't like about the Ford F250 Super Duty is the ride since I have the stiffer suspension for increased payload. My son has the RAM 1500 Big Horn and it rides better than most cars. Not sure how the Heavy Duty RAMS ride, but I'm assuming they'll ride better than Ford, GM, etc. since they use coil springs versus leaf springs.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2015 GMC Denali and it too rides better than most cars especially small one's.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple/reasonable to add options I'd like to have on my F450:

30 or 50A plug in the back to connect RV while running down the road. 220V 50A would be the best, that way I can run a welder too.
    Full air suspension (like the Kelderman setup, from the factory)
    Lower truck! It's an F450, not a rock crawler for Moab! All the new trucks are too darn high, annoying to get in/out of, but, more importantly, they make towing a 5'er level difficult/impossible.

Crazy option:

Diesel electric hybrid drive. Electric motors driving the wheels, a smallish battery (50KW?), a plug, and a diesel engine spinning a generator for when you need it. I could do all my around town without the engine coming on, then when towing, I'd have ridiculous power, better efficiency and no range issues, just pull into the truck stop like I do now and fuel up.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Vinyl floors in nicer trucks. I’m tired of cleaning mud out of carpet. The vinyl floors are only available in the base models.
    We ordered the OEM Custom Mud catching floor mats (like the Weather Tech) and have been very pleased with how well they catch the dirt and mud.

Try custom Weather Tech floor mats, I think you will be impressed.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 07-08-2021 at 06:38 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's a real PITA, It should stay on until the computer senses that the trailer is not on the back of the truck anymore.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about the Ford's and GMC/Chevy's - but I wish Ram would go back to a manual shifter for 4x4 and add lock-out hubs. Would really help on the mileage.
    Yes, an on-board air compressor would be nice - maybe I'll look into adding an aftermarket system - great idea guy's. Just checked (Viair 20002 Continuous Duty On-Board Air System) ranges btw $400 - $700. Lots of guy's with Jeeps use these systems since they air-down when they hit the trail. Would also be great for us if you needed to add some air and nowhere close to a truckstop.
    Our mega-cab dually rides good but it's even better since I went to 20in wheels and bigger tires.
    Ralf & Cheryl
    USAF - Ret
    2020 Ram Megacab Dually Night Edition 4x4, 6.7 Cummins HD, Exh Brake, AISIN 6sp Auto, 3.73 gears
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS - Ultimate Power - Peace of Mind - Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Packages

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRam View Post
    Don't know about the Ford's and GMC/Chevy's - but I wish Ram would go back to a manual shifter for 4x4 and add lock-out hubs. Would really help on the mileage.
    Yes, an on-board air compressor would be nice - maybe I'll look into adding an aftermarket system - great idea guy's. Just checked (Viair 20002 Continuous Duty On-Board Air System) ranges btw $400 - $700. Lots of guy's with Jeeps use these systems since they air-down when they hit the trail. Would also be great for us if you needed to add some air and nowhere close to a truckstop.
    Our mega-cab dually rides good but it's even better since I went to 20in wheels and bigger tires.
    One big reason the manual disappeared is it no longer has a mileage advantage.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    One big reason the manual disappeared is it no longer has a mileage advantage.
    Honestly, I could care less about the mileage "advantage".

The amount of control a manual transmission gives me when I'm towing is a huge advantage, for me, over automatic... Until Ford put in the manual selector so I can psuedo control it.

There just isn't anything like a clutch though. I think I'm old school on this one, a dinosaur...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast